I'm privately educated and want to join paras

Watch this thread
MB55
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I am 16 i go to boarding school and i want to join the paras after GCSE. What do u think...
rosy_posy
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
What is the 'paras' :confused:
MB55
Rep:
I go to a boarding school and i am 16 and i want to
join the paras at 16. Thoughts on this is this uncommon considering
my educational back ground.
MB55
Rep:
The British army basically
MB55
Rep:
It is an elite airborne regiment in the British army
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by rosy_posy)
What is the 'paras' :confused:
The parachute regiment, probably one of the most elite non-SF military divisions in the UK alongside the Royal Marines.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by MB55)
It is an elite airborne regiment in the British army
Do what you want, it doesn't matter if you went to private school.
MB55
Rep:
(Original post by mnot)
The parachute regiment, probably one of the most elite non-SF military divisions in the UK alongside the Royal Marines.
Whats ur view
flamingolover
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by MB55)
I go to a boarding school and i am 16 and i want to
join the paras at 16. Thoughts on this is this uncommon considering
my educational back ground.
Why do you have 2 threads about the same topic?
mnot
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by MB55)
Whats ur view
Do what you want, it’s your life.

If you’re on the fence at all then id wait till your 18, and IF you go for it you probably should spend a year or two training yourself physically anyway.
rosy_posy
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Is there a cadets regiment for that?
MB55
Rep:
(Original post by mnot)
Do what you want, it’s your life.

If you’re on the fence at all then id wait till your 18, and IF you go for it you probably should spend a year or two training yourself physically anyway.
If you join at 16 you spend a year in basic training which is called Army foundation college.
https://www.army.mod.uk/who-we-are/o...afc-harrogate/
MB55
Rep:
(Original post by flamingolover)
Why do you have 2 threads about the same topic?
accident
MB55
Rep:
(Original post by rosy_posy)
Is there a cadets regiment for that?
If you join at 16 you spend a year in basic training before you join your regiment which is called Army foundation college.

CoolCavy
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
Your grammar is quite atrocious for a privately educated student. Please elaborate on what "paras" is.
The Parachute Regiment....

It's not ungrammatical its the shortened nickname that the regiment goes by.

OP I have moved your thread to the armed forces forum
rosy_posy
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by MB55)
If you join at 16 you spend a year in basic training before you join your regiment which is called Army foundation college.

If you haven't already, it's a good idea to ask someone involved what it's like it will be a major life decision for you if you decide to join the training.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
The Parachute Regiment....

It's not ungrammatical its the shortened nickname that the regiment goes by.

OP I have moved your thread to the armed forces forum
The title and rest of the post are.
threeportdrift
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by MB55)
I am 16 i go to boarding school and i want to join the paras after GCSE. What do u think...
If you get accepted, then there won't be any issue. So long as you don't start every conversation with 'When I was at Eton..". But first off, you need to read the Army website and speak to the AFCO about ages, routes, qualifications etc.
Wired_1800
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by MB55)
Think carefully about it.

Best to go to uni and join the army afterwards.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Qualifications: No formal qualifications needed.
https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/infa...refe6599327715

Therefore my "thoughts" are you've chosen to put privately educated in your thread title but it's not clear why.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (57)
16.91%
The paper was reasonable (165)
48.96%
Not feeling great about that exam... (82)
24.33%
It was TERRIBLE (33)
9.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed