Can i go straight from s5 to university?

Watch
Rox17
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've decided that I want to study law and I was looking at some universities, thinking that I just need my s5 highers for the unis, but I went onto Glasgow university's page and they don't accept people coming from s5, does this apply to all the unis?
bxcs
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Email unis and ask if they don't say on their websites, there is no harm in trying.

Edinburgh does not seem to say anything against applying in s5 as far as I can see the only reference is that AAAA should be achieved by s5.
"SQA Highers: AAAAA (achievement by end of S5 preferred). BBB must be achieved in one year of S4-S5. (Revised 19/04/2021 to remove the grade range and provide more accurate information.)"
Rox17
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bxcs)
Email unis and ask if they don't say on their websites, there is no harm in trying.

Edinburgh does not seem to say anything against applying in s5 as far as I can see the only reference is that AAAA should be achieved by s5.
"SQA Highers: AAAAA (achievement by end of S5 preferred). BBB must be achieved in one year of S4-S5. (Revised 19/04/2021 to remove the grade range and provide more accurate information.)"
Thank you! I was really looking into edinburgh as it's the closest to me but when I saw glasgow's website I thought it might be the same for all unis. Thank you again!
finlunn
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I got accepted to study Law straight from S5 so it is definitely possible!! However, if you apply before you have your Higher results then any offers will be conditional. Make sure to check different Law courses at each university because (as far as I can remember) Dundee required AH to study Common Law, but only H to study Dual Qualification. It's a bit weird but there are lots of law degrees you can apply for straight from S5!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.44%
October 2021 (253)
45.26%
November 2021 (66)
11.81%
December 2021 (70)
12.52%
January 2021 (73)
13.06%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (44)
7.87%
Something else (17)
3.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise