The Student Room Group

Any good animation degrees in China?

Does anyone know of any good Bachelor degrees in China, preferably 3 years long but I know they tend to be 4 years.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
If you wanna do 2D animation, go to Japan. They have a project called "The Top Global University Project" or SGU, which is taught in English. Although tuition fee is a bit higher than China but you learn more. I come from China and the animation in my country is mostly 3D now, which in my point of view, is not "true anime". China does have a 3-year study but we tend to consider it a degree inferior to undergraduate and your certificate says the same. If you wanna find good jobs, you need a 4-year study.
PS. These two countries both welcome foreign students and you can probably get a free 4-year study in China in top universities. I don't know much about it but China even offers free medical degrees for African students.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by leli5987
If you wanna do 2D animation, go to Japan. They have a project called "The Top Global University Project" or SGU, which is taught in English. Although tuition fee is a bit higher than China but you learn more. I come from China and the animation in my country is mostly 3D now, which in my point of view, is not "true anime". China does have a 3-year study but we tend to consider it a degree inferior to undergraduate and your certificate says the same. If you wanna find good jobs, you need a 4-year study.
PS. These two countries both welcome foreign students and you can probably get a free 4-year study in China in top universities. I don't know much about it but China even offers free medical degrees for African students.

Thank you this is really useful information do you know of any places that do the free 4-year study in China for animation (or good places that cost the standard) and if Japan has any other projects or good degree courses for animation.
Reply 3
Original post by AFmaths
Thank you this is really useful information do you know of any places that do the free 4-year study in China for animation (or good places that cost the standard) and if Japan has any other projects or good degree c

Sorry you might need to email the uni directly. Different universities have different admission policies. However, there's one thing they are in common: Chinese universities are in need of international students for ranking up (cultural diversity and international category). Speaking of the cost, you shouldn't worry much about it. Top universities and colleges are all government funded so the tuition fee is almost free. For example, Beijing Film Academy which is the 1st in animation, costs 8000 RMB a year, which is 1200 USD. And the living expenses are also low due to conversion in currencies. Typical living expenses for a student in large cities like Beijing or Shanghai is 2000-3000 RMB a month if you live in the uni's dormitory. Dormitory is a feature in China though, full of communist soviet style designs. Students love and hate the style at the same time.
Reply 4
Original post by leli5987
Sorry you might need to email the uni directly. Different universities have different admission policies. However, there's one thing they are in common: Chinese universities are in need of international students for ranking up (cultural diversity and international category). Speaking of the cost, you shouldn't worry much about it. Top universities and colleges are all government funded so the tuition fee is almost free. For example, Beijing Film Academy which is the 1st in animation, costs 8000 RMB a year, which is 1200 USD. And the living expenses are also low due to conversion in currencies. Typical living expenses for a student in large cities like Beijing or Shanghai is 2000-3000 RMB a month if you live in the uni's dormitory. Dormitory is a feature in China though, full of communist soviet style designs. Students love and hate the style at the same time.

Okay thanks
Original post by AFmaths
Okay than

But there might be communication barrier

Quick Reply

Latest