Applying through UCAS undergrad for PA studies

Watch this thread
Aug1343
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi,

Does anyone know how UCAS offers work for the Msc Physician Associate course? I’ve applied to more than one uni (had to apply through UCAS undergrad) and was wondering if I’ll have to withdraw from the rest in order to accept an offer if one of them were to offer me a place before the other unis
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Aug1343)
Hi,

Does anyone know how UCAS offers work for the Msc Physician Associate course? I’ve applied to more than one uni (had to apply through UCAS undergrad) and was wondering if I’ll have to withdraw from the rest in order to accept an offer if one of them were to offer me a place before the other unis
Do you mean MSc courses or the undergraduate integrated masters MPAS courses?

The usual format for UCAS for undergrad applications is you have up to a certain date to respond to your offers, depending on when your LAST offer is received (allowing you to wait for all your offers to come in then have some time to consider all your options).

However for masters programmes they usually have separate timelines and are also not typically applied through via UCAS
Aug1343
Rep:
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Do you mean MSc courses or the undergraduate integrated masters MPAS courses?

The usual format for UCAS for undergrad applications is you have up to a certain date to respond to your offers, depending on when your LAST offer is received (allowing you to wait for all your offers to come in then have some time to consider all your options).

However for masters programmes they usually have separate timelines and are also not typically applied through via UCAS
Thanks for the response I meant the MSc.
I’m familiar with the UCAS undergraduate process for bachelor degrees but have no clue about the response deadline etc for postgrad courses - the unis I applied to all had to be through the UCAS ‘undergraduate’ route (similar to some other healthcare related postgrads). Just slightly confused since I’ve heard you usually have a 2 week deadline to respond to offers for the PA MSc 😅
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Aug1343)
Thanks for the response I meant the MSc.
I’m familiar with the UCAS undergraduate process for bachelor degrees but have no clue about the response deadline etc for postgrad courses - the unis I applied to all had to be through the UCAS ‘undergraduate’ route (similar to some other healthcare related postgrads). Just slightly confused since I’ve heard you usually have a 2 week deadline to respond to offers for the PA MSc 😅
Probably best to contact UCAS and/or the unis to confirm, it's a bit of an unusual situation! Since it's done via UCAS I might've thought it would use all their deadlines and processes (seems a bit pointless otherwise) but best to be sure
Aug1343
Rep:
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Probably best to contact UCAS and/or the unis to confirm, it's a bit of an unusual situation! Since it's done via UCAS I might've thought it would use all their deadlines and processes (seems a bit pointless otherwise) but best to be sure
Thank you, I was going to at first but figured they’re unavailable for a while until 4th Jan. I’ll have to contact them once they become available again in the new year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (277)
42.16%
The paper was reasonable (270)
41.1%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.13%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
7.61%

Watched Threads