Senior Physics Challenge 2021

Watch this thread
Ninjago120
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
How many questions do you guys trying to get into SPC have on Isaac Physics?
They say it was 300 attempted last year.
Last edited by Ninjago120; 1 month ago
azhka
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
I do not know, but I'm wondering which type of questions actually matter, such as the Mastering Physics or Maths ones.
username5798626
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
I was on it this year, you needed about 600 completed (Level 3,4,5,6) to get on. Obviously aim for the stars cos then you’ll reach the moon.

Edit: Level 3,4,5,6 ≈ C2/C3 (A Level), some of Further A, and I don’t expect them to require C1 University but if you run out you may as well give it a shot.

Good luck!
Last edited by username5798626; 6 months ago
azhka
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by psiguy)
I was on it this year, you needed about 600 completed (Level 3,4,5,6) to get on. Obviously aim for the stars cos then you’ll reach the moon.

Edit: Level 3,4,5,6 ≈ C2/C3 (A Level), some of Further A, and I don’t expect them to require C1 University but if you run out you may as well give it a shot.

Good luck!
Thank you, this is very helpful, how many people were on the course this year and how difficult was it to get in?
username5798626
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by azhka)
Thank you, this is very helpful, how many people were on the course this year and how difficult was it to get in?
not sure about the difficulty but i think they prefer that you consistently do a lot of problems throughout the year (as i know people who tried to do a lot on the deadline day and got rejected because their activity just showed a spike)

about 50 people - but make sure you really go for it because the level is high - even if you don’t get in you’ll be a better problem solver at the end of it (which is infinitely more valuable)
Ninjago120
Rep:

Good luck!
Thanks for the conversion of the levels to the new challenge thing I have looked far and could not find any conversions.
Jail_break
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
How many questions have you all done so far? Only just realised this existed so I haven't done any C3 questions. But I've done about 30 C1/C2 maths and physics questions with about a 40/60 ratio respectively, which will definetly not get me in welp.
Ninjago120
Rep:
(Original post by Jail_break)
How many questions have you all done so far? Only just realised this existed so I haven't done any C3 questions. But I've done about 30 C1/C2 maths and physics questions with about a 40/60 ratio respectively, which will definetly not get me in welp.
Yeah I have done roughly the same but with more like 70 physics : 30 maths split which I need to improve, it is only because I found out about this all in late November I haven't had much time but we've still got 5 months to do questions. The C3 questions are a nightmare especially since most of those questions are based on Year 13 content.
Ninjago120
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
:bump:
Jail_break
Rep:
Report 4 months ago

Good luck!
600 C1/C2 questions:eek:?!! I thought C1 was at least level 3. Icl I've only done one A-Level C3 question, one Further C1 question and 9 C2 questions. A large majority of mine are mostly C1 questions. Anyways how many questions has everyone done so far?
Ninjago120
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
600 C1/C2 questions:eek:?!! I thought C1 was at least level 3. Icl I've only done one A-Level C3 question, one Further C1 question and 9 C2 questions. A large majority of mine are mostly C1 questions. Anyways how many questions has everyone done so far?
I have almost done 100 mostly C1 questions so far.
Jail_break
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ninjago120)
I have almost done 100 mostly C1 questions so far.
Same I've done nearly 100 C1 questions, but my maths/physics split is gradually worsening, and I've only done about 120 questions in total. Idk how I'm honestly going to get to 300 questions by May, as well as having mostly C2/C3. I really want to get onto the camp though, so I might as well continue doing more questions
Rayyyyy
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
No it’s just 300 questions in physics and math totally, not 600. But of course the more the better
Jail_break
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Rayyyyy)
No it’s just 300 questions in physics and math totally, not 600. But of course the more the better
Ohhh ok, that makes sense. Did you go to the residential before, or are you applying for this year?
Rayyyyy
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
This year. A bit worrying cuz there isn’t much time left whereas I still need to prepare for the school summer exams.
Ninjago120
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
This year. A bit worrying cuz there isn’t much time left whereas I still need to prepare for the school summer exams.
I'm prioritising exams I have in early June that will make my predicted grade over this.
Rayyyyy
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Ninjago120)
How many questions do you guys trying to get into SPC have on Isaac Physics?
They say it was 300 attempted last year.
Since the website doesn’t count LV3 questions this year I don’t think there will be an incredible increment in the average attempted. And you should also notice about last year’s lockdown scenario as well. People just got more time to attempt questions. Which might be a bit relief for us.
Ninjago120
Rep:
Since the website doesn’t count LV3 questions this year I don’t think there will be an incredible increment in the average attempted. And you should also notice about last year’s lockdown scenario as well. People just got more time to attempt questions. Which might be a bit relief for us.
That is true that people were sat at home all day from jan to march when most questions are completed basically.
Ninjago120
Rep:
:bump:
Jail_break
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Has anyone got more questions done so far? I've only got abt 160 total, but I need to focus on my mocks more tbh. How's everyone getting along with the questions Ninjago120 Rayyyyy azhka
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (24)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (33)
45.83%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
19.44%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.39%

Watched Threads