The Student Room Group

Efficient Memorzation Techniques?

Is their any way to efficiently memorize stuff like materials and properties and electrical systems as they are very wordy and require quite alot of knowledge on other things should I practise some chemistry toget better at materials and properties or just write notes and try to retain the knowledge somehow. I've always found it hard to memorize stuff like this
How about active recall? This can vary from: flash cards, mind maps, blurting, explaining a concept to yourself as if you were to explain it to someone else and the list goes on. The main point of these is to review it constantly, all throughout the year, hence the term “active recall”.
Use associations that occur to you. Give a couple of examples and I'll show you what I mean.
I do exam questions for chem and they help a lot!
Original post by 0ptics
How about active recall? This can vary from: flash cards, mind maps, blurting, explaining a concept to yourself as if you were to explain it to someone else and the list goes on. The main point of these is to review it constantly, all throughout the year, hence the term “active recall”.

so far I just created a paper mindmap talking about metals and their properties and alloys
Original post by Justvisited
Use associations that occur to you. Give a couple of examples and I'll show you what I mean.

do you mean ask other people in my class or teachers about this, if so then I've asked teachers but because it's holidays now they haven't responded and the people I work with in my engineering class are either studying for other tests or studying for other stuff in the same exam

Quick Reply