The Student Room Group

weird period pain??

I’m 15 on my period. I usually don’t get much pain, however for the first time, I am experiencing a bit of pain in my vagina when I sit down ?? this has only started a day before my period. lying down and walking doesn’t hurt,
However sitting in a position does hurt a bit. I am starting to get some cramps in my ovaries too however they aren’t that severe. I just took some paracetamol and I have a hot water bottle and placed it in between my legs.
I just want to know if this is normal??
(Please don’t scare me as I do have anxiety when it comes to body health).
I’m literally forcing myself from searching this on the internet.

Currently, I’m not in pain at all as I’m lying on my side. Thank you so much
Reply 1
Also I have not had sex.
I'm sorry to hear that you're in pain :hugs:
I'd hope that painkillers and a hot water bottle should be all you need (ibuprofen is usually the best one for periods, I think?) As you're 15, things changing a little bit with your periods - like them becoming more regular, differences with the cramps etc - can be totally normal, if unpleasent, because your body is still going through puberty and in some sense getting 'used' to having periods.

That said, really extreme pain, such that you can't go about your daily life, or lots of blood would be worrying and in general if you're concerned the best port of call is your GP. The NHS has some really good advice here and tells you when you need to seek extra help: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/period-pain/ Avoiding googling it is often a good idea, but trusted sources like the NHS can really help :wink:
I've always had pain sitting down when on my period, especially on heavier days, I think it's normal so I wouldn't worry about that. But keep an eye on your overall pain, I have endometriosis and had normal periods for the first two years and then they suddenly became painful.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I've always had pain sitting down when on my period, especially on heavier days, I think it's normal so I wouldn't worry about that. But keep an eye on your overall pain, I have endometriosis and had normal periods for the first two years and then they suddenly became painful.

okay at least i'm not the only one phewwww!
yeah, that sitting down pain has gone away thankfully. lmao i went for a run whilst having a pad on and i definitely think that the pad rubbing against my skin (it was a thick pad) caused it to worsen as my behind and front felt quite sore and itchy the next day after running for half an hour (i'm stupid yes) - luckily it's getting better

Quick Reply

Latest