The Student Room Group

level 3 part time courses?

are level 3 part time courses equivalent to an a-level? would i be able to use my grade from a part time course to apply to uni?
A levels are level 3. So a level 3 qualification is the right level, but you need to check with the universities that you want to apply to that the qualification you’re considering is the right size and covers the right topics for the degree you’re interested in.

A part time qualification could be as small as half one A level or could be the same size as 3 full A levels.
What is the qualification called?
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
What is the qualification called?

on my college's website it's just called level 3 award in education and training
Original post by bdhdjsjsj
on my college's website it's just called level 3 award in education and training

That’s worth about a quarter to a half an A level. So not enough to start a degree where you need the equivalent of at least 2-3 A levels.
Original post by bdhdjsjsj

The L3 Award in education and training (AET) is an introductory course for people who want to teach / train adult learners. It does not carry any UCAS points.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending