The Student Room Group

Anyone from Oxbridge any advice when applying?

Hey I really want to try to get into a medicine course for Oxbridge, but I have heard it is dead hard, can anyone give me good tips or advice please?
Reply 1
Yhh I want to get into medicine, thanks!!
When applying for foundation jobs, your ranking within your cohort at your university makes a difference. 10 point difference between the top and bottom 10% out of 50 available points during your medical school career. So think if Oxbridge is for you, if it means you may be near the bottom of the cohort as it may mean difficulty getting the job placement you want compared to attending a different medical school with a different cohort.
Reply 3
Original post by kasig195
Yhh I want to get into medicine, thanks!!

You didn’t answer ecolier’s question, why Oxbridge?
Reply 4
Original post by asclepeion
You didn’t answer ecolier’s question, why Oxbridge?

Oxbridge carry's on with the traditional type of learning more in class, and thats more prone to how I learn so I'm aiming there
Original post by kasig195
Hey I really want to try to get into a medicine course for Oxbridge, but I have heard it is dead hard, can anyone give me good tips or advice please?

Hello :smile:, not a med applicant, but I have just gone through Oxford law interviews. You're right, medicine is hard, but I would recommend planning early and working really hard on your entrance test, GCSEs and A-Levels- good grades will help get your foot in the door. Make a habitat of keeping on top of medical news, look at the Oxford/Cambridge websites for subject-specific reading lists/lectures, obtain some exposure to the clinical world through work experience if you can, and expose yourself to scientific content through reading a good journal! (maybe try the biologist) Obviously, I'm not a med expert, but hopefully, this is somewhat relevant! All the best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending