The Student Room Group

theory test

So I got my theory test on the 30th December. So far I've been passing my mock tests with 43 or above and am just about passing the hazard perception. Altogether I probably revised around 5 hours of revision for it but I am really nervous and scared and feel like I'm not ready for it. Any tips especially for hazard perception? Also if you click for something and it isn't a hazard at all do you get downgraded?

Scroll to see replies

I passed my theory test. I scored 47/50 and 59/75 hazard perception first ever time sitting the test. I used the theory 4 in 1 app, and also read the Highway Code. Made notes of questions I got wrong and read about why I got it wrong. I did all 700 questions, and I only answered the ones I got incorrectly after scoring 50/50 consecutively. The questions in the 4 in 1 app are all identical to the ones you get on the test, with a few new ones you have to work out

And no you do not get downgraded. Just don’t click in a pattern otherwise you might lose all marks for that clip. Good luck, don’t be nervous nor think that you will fail because you will if you do so.
(edited 2 years ago)
h

Original post by CaptainDuckie
I passed my theory test. I scored 47/50 and 59/75 hazard perception first ever time sitting the test. I used the theory 4 in 1 app, and also read the Highway Code. Made notes of questions I got wrong and read about why I got it wrong. I did all 700 questions, and I only answered the ones I got incorrectly after scoring 50/50 consecutively. The questions in the 4 in 1 app are all identical to the ones you get on the test, with a few new ones you have to work out

And no you do not get downgraded. Just don’t click in a pattern otherwise you might lose all marks for that clip. Good luck, don’t be nervous nor think that you will fail because you will if you do so.T

Thank you currently I'm just doing mlock tests instead of questions on specific subjects do u think its better to focus on a section at a time or just constantly do mock tests?
Original post by Rohan007best
h

Thank you currently I'm just doing mlock tests instead of questions on specific subjects do u think its better to focus on a section at a time or just constantly do mock tests?

I personally finished all sections before moving onto mock tests to get a bit of confidence for the mock tests. But do whatever works for you.
h

I personally finished all sections before moving onto mock tests to get a bit of confidence for the mock tests. But do whatever works for you.

thanks for this advice means a lot I think imma go a section at a time now until I master all the sections and then head straight for the mocks again
h

thanks for this advice means a lot I think imma go a section at a time now until I master all the sections and then head straight for the mocks again

Yeah do that, I find that it helped. If you get a question wrong, make sure you heart it so that you can review it again because last thing you want is that same question coming up in your exam and you getting it wrong.
So I got my theory test on the 30th December. So far I've been passing my mock tests with 43 or above and am just about passing the hazard perception. Altogether I probably revised around 5 hours of revision for it but I am really nervous and scared and feel like I'm not ready for it. Any tips especially for hazard perception? Also if you click for something and it isn't a hazard at all do you get downgraded?

I had my test couple weeks ago, I was well prepared, I pretty much did all the questions that were available in the app and did loads of mock tests. However, even tho I was well prepared, I felt nervous going into it but once your doing the test it naturally goes away. Just don’t be scared to use your time and flag questions your unsure of. Just make sure your practising both sections, do all the clips available and try if you can to do all the questions. Once you’ve seen all the question and had practise you should be able to easily pass the test. I managed to get 48/50 in the theory and 64/75 in hazard perception.

Anyways best of luck, but also don’t stress about it too much, enjoy your holidays!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by sandonmyhand
I had my test couple weeks ago, I was well prepared, I pretty much did all the questions that were available in the app and did loads of mock tests. However, even tho I was well prepared, I felt nervous going into it but once your doing the test it naturally goes away. Just don’t be scared to use your time and flag questions your unsure of. Just make sure your practising both sections, do all the clips available and try if you can to do all the questions. Once you’ve seen all the question and had practise you should be able to easily pass the test. I managed to get 48/50 in the theory and 64/75 in hazard perception.

Anyways best of luck, but also don’t stress about it too much, enjoy your holidays!

thanks its on the 30th so 4 more days n a lot of work but Imma try and smash it out
thanks its on the 30th so 4 more days n a lot of work but Imma try and smash it out

I forgot to answer your second question about hazard perception. I feel like the only way to improve is to just do a lot of the clips. You need to find a rhythm that will help you ace the exam. Mine was that I knew that sometimes I clicked too early for a hazard, so instead of clicking once, I clicked three times around the same region so I could score 5 points and not 4 points.

You just have to play around with it and practice. I also found that understanding the definition of a “hazard” in driving terms helpful. It was something that makes you either slow down, or stop. As soon as you see something that you feel will slow you down, or stop, click the mouse. I.e you saw horse riders on the road, the instance you see them, wait for like a second and a half then click the mouse. Aim for around 7-8 clicks per video.
And for the double hazard clip, always make sure you follow your gut instinct. I got 9/10 for this double hazard, and I suggest that you do the ones on the app as they really do prepare you to spot hazards quickly.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9

For hazard perception, when you see a hazard click on it many times and not just once. You are not downgraded for clicking on things that are not hazards but remember that you are not allowed to click in a pattern and too many times. So if you see a hazard then you should aim to click on it 4 or even 5 times. The reason for this is because there's a risk that you may click on a hazard TOO early and end up getting 0 points. So just to be safe, click on the hazard many times to avoid this, BUT don't click like a madman, just a few times to make sure that you're getting those points if you know what I mean. I've done this theory test before and passed first time and I am sure that everybody passes the theory test first time, so you should be fine.

Make sure that you at least look at the practice tests to get an idea and understand what I am talking about:
https://www.safedrivingforlife.info/free-practice-tests/hazard-perception-test/
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 10

Mine is tomorrow too - good luck!!!
Original post by f0unk

Thank u. You got this

And no you do not get downgraded. Just don’t click in a pattern otherwise you might lose all marks for that clip. Good luck, don’t be nervous nor think that you will fail because you will if you do so.

I'm also looking to practise for my theory, is the "theory 4 in 1 app" the Driving theory test 4 in 1 Kit? I've seen a lot of people talking about the app in other threads but there's so many in the app store so i was a little confused
Original post by 1Dior-x
I'm also looking to practise for my theory, is the "theory 4 in 1 app" the Driving theory test 4 in 1 Kit? I've seen a lot of people talking about the app in other threads but there's so many in the app store so i was a little confused

Yeah it is
Yeah it is

Okay, thank you 😊
Original post by f0unk

how did it go?
how did it go?

How did it go for you? I hope it went well 😋
Original post by sandonmyhand
How did it go for you? I hope it went well 😋

It was great I passed with 48/50 on theory and 55 on hazard hbu?
It was great I passed with 48/50 on theory and 55 on hazard hbu?

Have you got any thing to say about how you find the 4 in 1 app in comparison to the real thing? In case anyone else reads this in the future
(edited 2 years ago)
Have you got any thing to say about how you find the 4 in 1 app in comparison to the real thing? In case anyone else reads this in the future

I highly recommend it just revise each practise topic answers n do some hazard clips a lot of people say should they read the highway code whilst it is good and important I personally didn't as it was too long and wordy for me but still managed without it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending