The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Would dropping out of uni to apply to a new one look bad on my application?

Dropping out of my 1st year of uni to fully dedicate my time to my new a levels and apply to imperial/ucl. Would this look bad on my application. I'm not sure if it would even be mentioned because I haven't completed any modules yet therefore I haven't received any grades so I'm not sure if they'd even know but regardless could this look bad in anyway or?
Original post by Anonymous
Dropping out of my 1st year of uni to fully dedicate my time to my new a levels and apply to imperial/ucl. Would this look bad on my application. I'm not sure if it would even be mentioned because I haven't completed any modules yet therefore I haven't received any grades so I'm not sure if they'd even know but regardless could this look bad in anyway or?

You must declare incomplete undergrad study in your education history.

If you’re changing subject or retaking AL’s to aim higher, it won’t disadvantage your new application at all. Uni’s don’t care.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
You must declare incomplete undergrad study in your education history.

If you’re changing subject or retaking AL’s to aim higher, it won’t disadvantage your new application at all. Uni’s don’t care.

Ok, so incomplete undergrad study won't disadvantage my app to imperial.

Yeah, I'm dropping out simply to focus on new a levels which I haven't previously took to attend a new uni for a different course
Original post by Anonymous
Ok, so incomplete undergrad study won't disadvantage my app to imperial.

Yeah, I'm dropping out simply to focus on new a levels which I haven't previously took to attend a new uni for a different course

That’s perfectly fine and either you or your referee can briefly explain your circumstances, (you can tie it into your motivation for the new course quite easily).
Hi,

This is what I've done this year (except I'm not retaking any A-levels just reapplying for a different course) and like has others have said you can tie it into your motivation for the new course. I talked about how my experience studying something else ended up cementing my interest in the new subject.

Best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending