The Student Room Group

can I discharge myself from my GP?

as in cut my name off? They keep pestering me and honestly I wouldn’t mind paying to be seen by a doctor than be pestered by my GP.

Scroll to see replies

You can transfer to any other GP who will have you. Ring the other get a form and go ahead with it.
Reply 2
i’ll pay to see a doctor whenever I feel like I need treatment for a health issue.
Reply 3
Original post by swanseajack1
You can transfer to any other GP who will have you. Ring the other get a form and go ahead with it.

I want to cut it from everyone completely
How is your GP 'pestering' you?
Reply 5
Original post by swanseajack1

apparently if you’re born in this country they automatically register you to a GP
Reply 6
Original post by stomachulcer

they keep booking appointments for me like I am never going to my GP again for anything because they pick at one specific problem which has been a problem from forever
Original post by Anonymous
they keep booking appointments for me like I am never going to my GP again for anything because they pick at one specific problem which has been a problem from forever

Do you mean they are booking you follow-up appointments for a obvious long-term condition you have?
Reply 8

you can’t even lose your temper with your GP because then it makes you look crazy and they will send you to mental health services
Reply 9
Do you mean they are booking you follow-up appointments for a obvious long-term condition you have?

yes but there is nothing you can do about it.
I have other things to do in life I don’t have time for this crap
yes but there is nothing you can do about it.

They may not be able to treat it but it might be the case where keeping an eye on it can make sure nothing gets worse too quickly?

Either way, have you tried actually contacting them saying you don't want to receive any further treatment/care?
They may not be able to treat it but it might be the case where keeping an eye on it can make sure nothing gets worse too quickly?

Either way, have you tried actually contacting them saying you don't want to receive any further treatment/care?

I think its quite obvious that I don’t want treatment because I don’t want them to send a referral and they already know that, yet they insist so after my first appointment with my GP and they kept banging on about it and they said they will see me again and if it doesn’t improve they will refer me, I never went back and I am planning never to go back, even if its a problem unrelated to it they will continue to blame everything on it. They can’t see any PRESENT problems so they look at my past. Why don’t they fix themselves first?

they think you can do something about it when there is nothing you can do about it. we aren’t all the same
I think its quite obvious that I don’t want treatment because I don’t want them to send a referral and they already know that, yet they insist so after my first appointment with my GP and they kept banging on about it and they said they will see me again and if it doesn’t improve they will refer me, I never went back and I am planning never to go back, even if its a problem unrelated to it they will continue to blame everything on it. They can’t see any PRESENT problems so they look at my past. Why don’t they fix themselves first?

they think you can do something about it when there is nothing you can do about it. we aren’t all the same

So have you actually contacted them saying you want no further care/treatment? Have you actually tried to explain your point of view?
(edited 2 years ago)
So have you actually contacted them saying you want no further care/treatment? Have you actually tried to explain your point of view?

I have but then they think its a disorder because I am refusing treatment I am yet to prove that there is nothing you can do about it to them by having a blood test to prove a different diagnosis, but even though it may come back negative it doesn’t mean you don’t have it because there are other causes that doctors don’t know about because its rare and you don’t need all symptoms to have this thing I don’t have all of them, but I am scared they may be on my case if it comes back negative. If it comes back positive they are off my case, but that doesn’t mean other GPs (beside this one doctor that I see) won’t continue to pick at it.

Its my life and if its a risk on me then thats on me, what is it to them? we are all dying anyway so why try to prolong life?
I have but then they think its a disorder because I am refusing treatment I am yet to prove that there is nothing you can do about it to them by having a blood test to prove a different diagnosis, but even though it may come back negative it doesn’t mean you don’t have it because there are other causes that doctors don’t know about because its rare and you don’t need all symptoms to have this thing I don’t have all of them, but I am scared they may be on my case if it comes back negative. If it comes back positive they are off my case, but that doesn’t mean other GPs (beside this one doctor that I see) won’t continue to pick at it.

Its my life and if its a risk on me then thats on me, what is it to them? we are all dying anyway so why try to prolong life?

Since you're anon, what actually is your condition? Also, how old are you?

I don’t want to say

I can tell you through DMs
I can tell you through DMs

Ok

Quick Reply

Latest