The Student Room Group

Santander degree apprenticeship 2022

Hey everyone I have just finished my virtual interview for the Santander corporate and commercial degree apprenticeship 2022. I was wondering if anyone has heard back yet or when we are likely to hear if our application has been successful.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ellisrosek
Hey everyone I have just finished my virtual interview for the Santander corporate and commercial degree apprenticeship 2022. I was wondering if anyone has heard back yet or when we are likely to hear if our application has been successful.

Hey, that’s great, I hope it went amazing! I’m due to complete my interview tomorrow. Do you have any tips on how to do well? Thank you in advance!
Reply 2
Good luck, honestly it went fine don’t worry too much about it the questions were pretty generic, only about 7. I would recommend looking on the website and taking note of some awards and specific figures about Santander’s previous achievements and values as that is what I did and included them in my answer. As far as the questions themselves they were pretty standard, mostly about why you chose the role, and there was one question which asked for an example of when I was innovative so I would recommend preparing a specific example of innovation and relating this to Santander’s innovative approach to business.I am happy to answer any other questions you have about the virtual interview, hope this helps x
Reply 3
Good luck, honestly it went fine don’t worry too much about it the questions were pretty generic, only about 7. I would recommend looking on the website and taking note of some awards and specific figures about Santander’s previous achievements and values as that is what I did and included them in my answer. As far as the questions themselves they were pretty standard, mostly about why you chose the role, and there was one question which asked for an example of when I was innovative so I would recommend preparing a specific example of innovation and relating this to Santander’s innovative approach to business.I am happy to answer any other questions you have about the virtual interview, hope this helps x

Thank you so much!! This was very helpful. I just wanted to ask if there is preparation time for the questions as I believe we get 3 minutes to answer?
Reply 4
I’m not too sure I think it was about a minute to prepare but I could be wrong, my answers were about a minute and a half long but I don’t know the time limit x
Reply 5
Hey, did anyone receive an email from Santander saying that they were impressed with your interview?
Original post by JA04
Hey, did anyone receive an email from Santander saying that they were impressed with your interview?

after how long did they email you ?
Reply 7
Original post by lebonn2000
after how long did they email you ?

I think they emailed me about a week and a half after me completing my digital interview.
Reply 8
How do you apply to this apprenticeship? I've been keeping my eye out but can't find the sign up area
Reply 9
How do you sign up to this? I've been keeping my eye on this but can't find the sign up area
anyone else on the waiting list?
Reply 11
Original post by Josepharchibald
anyone else on the waiting list?

What did your email say?
Original post by JA04
What did your email say?

"The last stage in our recruitment journey is the Assessment Centre. We appreciate all the effort you put into your video interview, due to high demand for this role, we would like to put you on our waiting list. Shall a place on our Assessment Centre’s become available, you’ll be contacted by the beginning of May with an invitation."

Have you had something similar?
Reply 13
"The last stage in our recruitment journey is the Assessment Centre. We appreciate all the effort you put into your video interview, due to high demand for this role, we would like to put you on our waiting list. Shall a place on our Assessment Centre’s become available, you’ll be contacted by the beginning of May with an invitation."

Have you had something similar?

“Last stage in our recruitment journey is Assessment Centre which we are looking to hold virtually in April. We will get back to you by the end of April with an update on if have successfully secured a place at the Assessment Centre.“
I’ve received this.
Original post by JA04
“Last stage in our recruitment journey is Assessment Centre which we are looking to hold virtually in April. We will get back to you by the end of April with an update on if have successfully secured a place at the Assessment Centre.“
I’ve received this.

Did you apply for corporate and commercial Banking?
Reply 15

Hey I’ve also applied for corporate and commercial banking and I got the same email that I am on the waiting list, any idea what this means?
Have we been rejected or have they not accepted anyone yet?
Let me know if you get a follow up email please xx
Hey I’ve also applied for corporate and commercial banking and I got the same email that I am on the waiting list, any idea what this means?
Have we been rejected or have they not accepted anyone yet?
Let me know if you get a follow up email please xx

I think from looking at previous years we're not rejected, but not entirely sure. Let me know if you get an email aswell :smile:
Reply 17
Me and my friend received the same email after doing the online interview , we will contacted in may , if you got April that’s really good , more chances of you getting a place , it does makes sense high demand because it’s a great course to do so they are trying to pick the best so I personally think we won’t get chosen , they will definitely have their choices picked by then .
Reply 18
Original post by :))!!
How do you sign up to this? I've been keeping my eye on this but can't find the sign up area

https://www.santander.com/en/careers/uk-careers/emerging-talent/apprenticeship-programmes

This is the link to the area of the website where I applied xx
Hope this helps xx
Reply 19

Yes, and you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending