Am I likely to recieve offers with the given grades?

Watch this thread
∞edge
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
My a level predicted grades-
A- accounting
A- business studies
A- mathematics pure
B- economics

I'm trying to go for finance and accounting in Durham, Nottingham, king's.
_Scrooge_
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Durham and Nottingham yes but King's might be a lot more difficult. Looked it up and Durham and Nottingham want an AAB anyways so u should be fine there. King's has always been pretty difficult to get into from what I've seen.
∞edge
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by _Scrooge_)
Durham and Nottingham yes but King's might be a lot more difficult. Looked it up and Durham and Nottingham want an AAB anyways so u should be fine there. King's has always been pretty difficult to get into from what I've seen.
Hi thanks for sharing your views. What about lse , Strathclyde or bath?
_Scrooge_
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
LSE you have a great shot, again its difficult to get into considering its probably the best university for a business degree. Strathclyde I don't know much about however their entry requirement is an AAA however most universities are lenient with entry marks and that was prior to covid so again depending on your UCAS application and the number of applicants I don't see there being a massive issue. Bath is similar to Durham and Nottingham whereby you have a good shot at it too.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ∞edge)
Hi thanks for sharing your views. What about lse , Strathclyde or bath?
https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/U...ns-Information

Accounting is a 'non-preferred' A level for LSE as s Business Studies
XanaXoid
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/U...ns-Information

Accounting is a 'non-preferred' A level for LSE as s Business Studies
If I'm not mistaken the accounting department at LSE considers accounting as a preferred subject and his degree is under this department. I'm not 100% sure about it so it's worth taking a look at their website
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by XanaXoid)
If I'm not mistaken the accounting department at LSE considers accounting as a preferred subject and his degree is under this department. I'm not 100% sure about it so it's worth taking a look at their website
I think thats the case - its a flagged exception to their normal policy. Not sure whether they would consider economics and business studies as being overlapping.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (99)
67.81%
No (31)
21.23%
I didn't use it to prepare (16)
10.96%

Watched Threads