The Student Room Group

why is this website like this?

I decided to log in because I'm bored but I thought this website was for academic purposes but all I can see is extremely weird threads like oxford is better or how to eat/shower, london met is better and misconceptions of biological facts thread etc. It's not what I expected.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cristinaros
I decided to log in because I'm bored but I thought this website was for academic purposes but all I can see is extremely weird threads like oxford is better or how to eat/shower, london met is better and misconceptions of biological facts thread etc. It's not what I expected.

because its marketed to and full of stupid children/teenagers
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by HollyGranger03
because its marketed to and full of stupid children/teenagers

I see adult men arguing though.
Well, I’m here to find out what a good salary is and for expert tips on how to be paid such salary.
No idea why this place is like this but many normal users on here can only sympathise with you…
Original post by 0ptics
No idea why this place is like this but many normal users on here can only sympathise with you…

there are normal people here?
There are academic forums too. The maths forum is extremely helpful, for example. You can ask undergrad questions on most things and people come. Etc etc.
there are normal people here?

There are but they’re quite scarce when compared to those who ‘aren’t’ normal. It isn’t a new tradition for someone to express their distaste in this site but it is rare for self-explanatory reasons.
you can do puns also :h:
Original post by 0ptics
There are but they’re quite scarce when compared to those who ‘aren’t’ normal. It isn’t a new tradition for someone to express their distaste in this site but it is rare for self-explanatory reasons.

I don't dislike this site lol, I just thought it was going tp be purely academic but it's not and that's good because it is mildly entertaining.
Original post by Callicious
There are academic forums too. The maths forum is extremely helpful, for example. You can ask undergrad questions on most things and people come. Etc etc.

Oh okay, I just thought this site was purely academic that's all.
I don't dislike this site lol, I just thought it was going tp be purely academic but it's not and that's good because it is mildly entertaining.

That is a plot twist that I would have never anticipated. When you said in your OP that you’ve saw “Oxford is better” threads, I thought you’ve saw the true side of TSR. Either way, glad that you enjoy this place :smile:
Original post by 0ptics
That is a plot twist that I would have never anticipated. When you said in your OP that you’ve saw “Oxford is better” threads, I thought you’ve saw the true side of TSR. Either way, glad that you enjoy this place :smile:

Technically I'm away for Christmas at another country rn and everything is either banned or not loading, so I'm slightly biased.
Reply 13
if you look at the forum list most forums are related to universities or study help, but threads in those don't typically trend cuz like yiu don't need 100 replies on what's the mens rea for murder; you only need one answer. anyway, yeah we get trolls starting threads and everyone wants to jump on them for a laugh and attempt to earn get rep points i guess and yeah, dudes in the debate forum are obsessed with trans people taking over the planet so that's why you see that.
Oh okay, I just thought this site was purely academic that's all.

Nah.

99 percent teenage circlejerks
1 percent academic
Reply 15

Like this other rubbish thread you started?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7146008

'My mom hates me'
I see adult men arguing though.

how do u see them?
Reply 17
Original post by nikkiblonsky
how do u see them?

They also see dead people
Original post by Quady
They also see dead people

And their partner’s perspective of whatever odd relationship fantasy they’re in because, as we all know, anons have already proven that they can do that. :rolleyes:

this website is a strange place.......... a mish mash of academic and weird threads that you somehow become addicted too

Quick Reply