Christmas carol AQA GCSE

Watch this thread
ChawanAli
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
what do you think of Christmas Carol?
use this chatroom to express your viewpoints on Xmas carol.

 What literacy devices are used? (language, techniques, methods)
 Main context points
 what do the characters mean to you?

This is to help students like me that want to achieve high grades for GCSE.
thank you
HiccupHaddock
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Well, all i remember from year 11 is that Tiny Tim represents innocence and poverty in a corrupt world
Lehlme1
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ChawanAli)
what do you think of Christmas Carol?
use this chatroom to express your viewpoints on Xmas carol.

 What literacy devices are used? (language, techniques, methods)
 Main context points
 what do the characters mean to you?

This is to help students like me that want to achieve high grades for GCSE.
thank you
xmas carol I feel shows how someone can quickly change their outlook based on some advent. Scrooge at the end of the play realizes the impact his actions have had on other people. Bob Crachit shows that money doesn't define happiness and wealth and tiny time shows that people can be happy in the worst circumstances
iqra_xoxoxoxox
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Bob cratchit, scrooges clerk, is a nervous and timid man. He remains unnamed for the first stave as a continual reminder that the poor were only recognised for their work.
ChawanAli
Rep:
(Original post by Lehlme1)
xmas carol I feel shows how someone can quickly change their outlook based on some advent. Scrooge at the end of the play realizes the impact his actions have had on other people. Bob Crachit shows that money doesn't define happiness and wealth and tiny time shows that people can be happy in the worst circumstances
that's a great point, thank you. will definitely use it in revision
ChawanAli
Rep:
(Original post by HiccupHaddock)
Well, all i remember from year 11 is that Tiny Tim represents innocence and poverty in a corrupt world
thanks hiccup, nice way to put it
hows toothless?
Last edited by ChawanAli; 4 months ago
ChawanAli
Rep:
(Original post by iqra_xoxoxoxox)
Bob cratchit, scrooges clerk, is a nervous and timid man. He remains unnamed for the first stave as a continual reminder that the poor were only recognised for their work.
thanks, didnt even know that . will defo use that for analysis for Bob
apples983
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by HiccupHaddock)
this reflects dickens' upbringing, as he grew up in poverty and his father was sent to a debtors prison. lol i dont even have to do a christmas carol for my english gcse anymore
iqra_xoxoxoxox
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
No worries I used this in my mock 2 weeks ago and got 24/30 ! Good look !
ChawanAli
Rep:
(Original post by iqra_xoxoxoxox)
No worries I used this in my mock 2 weeks ago and got 24/30 ! Good look !
thanks and congrats on your results
iqra_xoxoxoxox
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
No worries good luck !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (109)
68.13%
No (33)
20.63%
I didn't use it to prepare (18)
11.25%

Watched Threads