The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

is roehampton uni good for these things: disability services and student support?

Hey! I am a year 12, just looking at uni options and Roehampton has sparked my interests. This is because it has a good teacher training school, and I've just been researching a few unis.

Is it good for student support? I have a diagnosis of dyscalculia - and this means I find maths, particularly very simple maths, very confusing. I have a grade 5 at GCSE Level though. I also have a diagnosis of social anxiety, so is the student/disability support good at Roehampton?

Also, is it a good uni in general - are the facilities good, is it easy to make friends?
Thanks.
Hi there,

I am a currently a Master's student at Roehampton and I did my BSc at roehampton too! I can vouch for roehampton's disability service and student support as they are really dedicated to you and support you with your needs. At Roehampton, when we submit our assignments on our moodle page- they give us two boxes to submit our essays. One is for the actual date to submit our essay and the other box is for those who disability and need more time to submit their work.
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Original post by JJrevises
Hey! I am a year 12, just looking at uni options and Roehampton has sparked my interests. This is because it has a good teacher training school, and I've just been researching a few unis.

Is it good for student support? I have a diagnosis of dyscalculia - and this means I find maths, particularly very simple maths, very confusing. I have a grade 5 at GCSE Level though. I also have a diagnosis of social anxiety, so is the student/disability support good at Roehampton?

Also, is it a good uni in general - are the facilities good, is it easy to make friends?
Thanks.

Hi @JJrevises,

It’s great to hear that you are considering studying with us! As a former Roehampton student myself, I can attest to how great of an experience it is to study here.

We welcome students with disabilities and offer flexible support services tailored to their needs. For more information about the support we provide, I’d recommend visiting: https://www.roehampton.ac.uk/disability-services/

We also recognise that, while going to university is an incredibly exciting and rewarding step in your life, there may be times that you may need our support - whether that be for academic advice, managing your mental health or just for a friendly chat! To learn more about our wellbeing support, please do visit: https://www.roehampton.ac.uk/student-support/wellbeing-support/

To learn more about life on our beautiful parkland campus and to hear student testimonials about life at Roehampton, I recommend visiting our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RoehamptonUniversity

I hope this helps, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

Best,
Greg - Social Media Team

Quick Reply

Latest