EPQ candidate declaration

Watch this thread
LWalsh78
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi there,

I am doing AQA level 3 EPQ and is wondering that in their candidate declaration it says 'Candidate declaration: Have you received help/information from anyone other than subject teacher(s) to produce this work?'.

I'm in Year 12 and haven't started properly writing my EPQ yet but does this mean that I'll get marked down if I ask my parents to proof read it and suggest improvements etc ?
Cote1
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
It's supposed to be your own work. I imagine that you are allowed to discuss your ideas with people and can log that. You can ask your supervisor to look over it and if you need a grammar check you could use Word.

However, I imagine a LOT of students get their parents or others to proofread it and SPAG check it and still say no to that question. Their teachers/supervisors are probably even okay with this in many cases and, in other cases, turn a blind eye.

I don't know...but if they recorded in the log that their parents had proofread it and checked it through this might not go down very well with the moderator and might potentially invalidate the statement that it was all their own work?

Then again, people reading it through and discussing it with you doesn't stop it being all your own work.:dontknow:
Last edited by Cote1; 7 months ago
Cote1
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
I imagine that if parents read it through then rewrote parts of it, this would mean that it was not all the candidate's own work. However, if they read it through and you discussed your ideas with them, this would probably be okay, I think? Just my opinion though.
Last edited by Cote1; 7 months ago
LWalsh78
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Cote1)
It's supposed to be your own work. I imagine that you are allowed to discuss your ideas with people and can log that. You can ask your supervisor to look over it and if you need a grammar check you could use Word.

However, I imagine a LOT of students get their parents or others to proofread it and SPAG check it and still say no to that question. Their teachers/supervisors are probably even okay with this in many cases and, in other cases, turn a blind eye.

I don't know...but if they recorded in the log that their parents had proofread it and checked it through this might not go down very well with the moderator and might potentially invalidate the statement that it was all their own work?

Then again, people reading it through and discussing it with you doesn't stop it being all your own work.:dontknow:
Yes that’s very true !

I think what I’ll do is speak to my supervisor about it and see what they say (just to make sure I’m safe).

Thankyou so much for your response !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (23)
17.83%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.03%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (70)
54.26%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.88%

Watched Threads