Midwifery interview at Northampton

Watch this thread
Lailamae
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi,
So basically I’ve just be invited for an interview at Northampton however before hand, I have to submit a poster to them focusing on the NHS England’s “better Births” report.
The report is a complete model of continuity, as promoting and providing continuity of care and the poster should illustrate both:
•How you as a student midwife will benefit from working in a continuity of care team

and,

•What preparations you can make in advance to ensure that you have the flexibility and adaptability to deliver care in this model as part of your practice placements.

If I’m going to be honest, midwifery was not my first option so I’m lacking some knowledge about it and was wondering if anyone who’s done an interview at Northampton for Midwifery will be able to help me out 😊
Last edited by Lailamae; 4 months ago
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Lailamae)
Hi,
So basically I’ve just be invited for an interview at Northampton however before hand, I have to submit a poster to them focusing on the NHS England’s “better Births” report.
The report is a complete model of continuity, as promoting and providing continuity of care and the poster should illustrate both:
•How you as a student midwife will benefit from working in a continuity of care team

and,

•What preparations you can make in advance to ensure that you have the flexibility and adaptability to deliver care in this model as part of your practice placements.

If I’m going to be honest, midwifery was not my first option so I’m lacking some knowledge about it and was wondering if anyone who’s done an interview at Northampton for Midwifery will be able to help me out 😊

What are the benefits of continuity of care in midwifery....…...
Continuity of midwifery care contributes to improving quality and safety of maternity care. High quality evidence indicates that women who receive care in these models are more likely to have effective care, a better experience and improved clinical outcomes

What is continuity of care in midwifery.........
Midwifery continuity of care is a model used in some maternity services to limit the number of different healthcare professionals a person sees throughout their pregnancy, labour, and during the postnatal period.

How do you promote continuity of care...
The Three Ts for Improving Continuity of Care
Teaching. Teach self-care skills to your patients and their caregivers in the hospital, and reinforce them in the home. ...
Technology. Ensure a smooth flow of information between your hospital and the extended healthcare ecosystem. ...
Transition.

What is the nurses / midwifes role in continuity of care....
Continuity of care is a process that must involve the patient and all members of the health care team. ... Nurses must embrace their role as a patient advocate and work closely with other members of the health care team to ensure that each patient's needs are met in a timely manner.

A NHS registered midwife xx
Lailamae
Rep:
Thank you so much!!! Honestly I was stressing so much and you’ve provided me with enough information, I rlly appreciate it xx
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Thank you so much!!! Honestly I was stressing so much and you’ve provided me with enough information, I rlly appreciate it xx
Hi
You are welcome okay.
Don't stress out over things as not it not as bad as you think it is providing you revise enough and then show the interviewer you done enough with answering the questioning then you'll be fine. X

I'm here if you want to ask more as most welcome to PM on things ok. X
angel2805
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
girl SAME. have you done it? I have like 3 days and im so confused on what im doing
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by angel2805)
girl SAME. have you done it? I have like 3 days and im so confused on what im doing
Would help if you explained things better with what's your question was about...

Why are you so confused with it....!!!

If you done your research properly then you'll get your answers you needing.
Lailamae
Rep:
(Original post by Tracey_W)
Hi
You are welcome okay.
Don't stress out over things as not it not as bad as you think it is providing you revise enough and then show the interviewer you done enough with answering the questioning then you'll be fine. X

I'm here if you want to ask more as most welcome to PM on things ok. X
Hi, sorry for replying this late. You have helped me more than any of my teachers have and thank you so much. I will definitely get back to you if I’m struggling and I’ll let you know how it went
Lailamae
Rep:
(Original post by angel2805)
I haven’t started it yet cuz I’ve had to revise for my mocks that I’m currently having soon. I’m going to do it next week. Btw your having the interview at Northampton right? If yes, then please let me know how it went. Wishing you all the best!! 😊
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi, sorry for replying this late. You have helped me more than any of my teachers have and thank you so much. I will definitely get back to you if I’m struggling and I’ll let you know how it went
Hi

You welcome okay..x
It's fine with late reply as you at least acknowledged me with replying back... X

Seriously I given you more information than any of your teachers has on this which don't surprise me.

Yes you welcome to mesaage me by PM or here ok, look forward in this .☺
Hope you do well and get a opportunity in studying the course. 😃😃
Lailamae
Rep:
Hi

You welcome okay..x
It's fine with late reply as you at least acknowledged me with replying back... X

Seriously I given you more information than any of your teachers has on this which don't surprise me.

Yes you welcome to mesaage me by PM or here ok, look forward in this .☺
Hope you do well and get a opportunity in studying the course. 😃😃
Hi,
Thank you again for your lovely message. My teachers organised a workshop and it was just some important questions u may be asked I.e why u want to become this? And what you should include in your answer. It helped me just not enough.
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi,
Thank you again for your lovely message. My teachers organised a workshop and it was just some important questions u may be asked I.e why u want to become this? And what you should include in your answer. It helped me just not enough.
Hi

Again you welcome ok as I'm here to try the best to give you advice. Xx
Thanks for appreciation of things ok.😃

Yes I heard stories from others saying similar things as you were told by teachers and some try's to put them off from applying for midwifing and push them into going for adult or children nursing but don't let them do this as you do the course you want to do as it's your decision at end of the day remember not theres.

You do need better help from teachers with things especially degrees in a nursing course.

When do you sit your interviews.
novabrown
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
What are the benefits of continuity of care in midwifery....…...
Continuity of midwifery care contributes to improving quality and safety of maternity care. High quality evidence indicates that women who receive care in these models are more likely to have effective care, a better experience and improved clinical outcomes

What is continuity of care in midwifery.........
Midwifery continuity of care is a model used in some maternity services to limit the number of different healthcare professionals a person sees throughout their pregnancy, labour, and during the postnatal period.

How do you promote continuity of care...
The Three Ts for Improving Continuity of Care
Teaching. Teach self-care skills to your patients and their caregivers in the hospital, and reinforce them in the home. ...
Technology. Ensure a smooth flow of information between your hospital and the extended healthcare ecosystem. ...
Transition.

What is the nurses / midwifes role in continuity of care....
Continuity of care is a process that must involve the patient and all members of the health care team. ... Nurses must embrace their role as a patient advocate and work closely with other members of the health care team to ensure that each patient's needs are met in a timely manner.

A NHS registered midwife xx
Thank you so much for this also! I was wondering if also knew how to represent this information in a visual format also. I assume the are asking for pictures but are there certain things that are or are not appropriate to use. For example would I be able to use a clipart of a pregnant woman in the hospital.
Last edited by novabrown; 4 months ago
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by novabrown)
Thank you so much for this also! I was wondering if also knew how to represent this information in a visual format also. I assume the are asking for pictures but are there certain things that are or are not appropriate to use. For example would I be able to use a clipart of a pregnant woman in the hospital. This is the full task that they sent.
he poster is to focus on the topic of the NHS England’s ‘Better Births’ report that the profession is moving towards. The report is a complete model of continuity, as promoting and providing continuity of care and carer is explicitly part of safe and effective care for women, birthing people and their newborn babies. This is the model of care that student midwives at the University of Northampton are now working in.

The content and design of your poster will be marked by the interview panel. We will be assessing your ability to communicate your ideas effectively, both in a written and visual format. You will not be asked any questions about your poster during the interview process.

Your poster should illustrate both:

How you as a student midwife will benefit from working in a continuity of care team

and,

What preparations you can make in advance to ensure that you have the flexibility and adaptability to deliver care in this model as part of your practice placements.
Hi

Can I advise you to edit out question you are asking about as will try and PM you shortly ok x
XxAlizaxX
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hey everyone!

So I have been invited for an interview at University of West of Scotland for adult nursing, and am wondering what kind of things I should look at to prepare myself…

Any personal experiences and any questions anyone can remember would be super helpful!

Thanking you 💜💜💜
novabrown
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi

Can I advise you to edit out question you are asking about as will try and PM you shortly ok x
Okay, done. Thank you so much.
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by XxAlizaxX)
Hey everyone!

So I have been invited for an interview at University of West of Scotland for adult nursing, and am wondering what kind of things I should look at to prepare myself…

Any personal experiences and any questions anyone can remember would be super helpful!

Thanking you 💜💜💜
Hi

Which campus is it you going to if successful ( Hamilton in Lanarkshire, Paisley in Renfrewshire, or Ayrshire..).
I'm a NHS Scotland midwife.

You'll probably asked about your personal statement
NMC code of practice is something to read up on
The 6 C's of nursing
Why picked this university for your course
Why adult nursing instead of any other nursing courses
How to deal with a awkward patient or relatives
How will you cope with stressful situations
Bereavements - how you cope with this especially if you dealt with a particular patient while on your placement.

It varies with each interview as no two are the same...
novabrown
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Thank you so much also for this! I was wondering if you had any clue on how to demonstrate this in a visual format as well as written. I assume they mean to add pictures but I do not know what kind of pictures I should add. This is what the whole task said:he poster is to focus on the topic of the NHS England’s ‘Better Births’ report that the profession is moving towards. The report is a complete model of continuity, as promoting and providing continuity of care and carer is explicitly part of safe and effective care for women, birthing people and their newborn babies. This is the model of care that student midwives at the University of Northampton are now working in. The content and design of your poster will be marked by the interview panel. We will be assessing your ability to communicate your ideas effectively, both in a written and visual format. You will not be asked any questions about your poster during the interview process.Your poster should illustrate bothow you as a student midwife will benefit from working in a continuity of care teamand,What preparations you can make in advance to ensure that you have the flexibility and adaptability to deliver care in this model as part of your practice placements.
XxAlizaxX
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi

Which campus is it you going to if successful ( Hamilton in Lanarkshire, Paisley in Renfrewshire, or Ayrshire..).
I'm a NHS Scotland midwife.

You'll probably asked about your personal statement
NMC code of practice is something to read up on
The 6 C's of nursing
Why picked this university for your course
Why adult nursing instead of any other nursing courses
How to deal with a awkward patient or relatives
How will you cope with stressful situations
Bereavements - how you cope with this especially if you dealt with a particular patient while on your placement.

It varies with each interview as no two are the same...
Paisley!

Great, thanks x
novabrown
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi

Hi, I'm unable to respond in PM but I just wanted to thank you for your help. I edited out the question but it is still visible on your response me. Thank you again x
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by XxAlizaxX)
Paisley!

Great, thanks x
No probs ok.
Ta as think that's in town centre if I remember right. I'm not far from there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.71%
The paper was reasonable (68)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.88%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.41%

Watched Threads