Fine art applicants 2022

Watch this thread
Aliceejohnson
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi. I've applied for 5 fine art degrees straight from a level. These are at oxford (rejected), edinburgh (MA fine art), Glasgow School of Art (painting + printmaking), Newcastle, and Brighton. I'm also applying to foundation courses at Leeds arts uni and Bournemouth. I don't know anyone else who has applied for fine art and there's no official fine art applicants thread this year. Has anyone else applied?
Sieno
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
hey i applied for fine art straight from a levels at loughborough (got interview), leeds, edinburgh, lancaster and leeds arts uni (offer).
Aliceejohnson
Rep:
(Original post by Sieno)
hey i applied for fine art straight from a levels at loughborough (got interview), leeds, edinburgh, lancaster and leeds arts uni (offer).
Oh cool - are you on the edinburgh Snapchat or WhatsApp group? Have you submitted your Edinburgh portfolio yet?
Sieno
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Aliceejohnson)
Oh cool - are you on the edinburgh Snapchat or WhatsApp group? Have you submitted your Edinburgh portfolio yet?
no i’m not, i don’t even know about that. i haven’t submitted my portfolio yet because i’m just going to wait until february as there is no need to submit it any earlier than the deadline lol. i wanna find other fine art applicants this year because i can’t find many at all, i also wish i could see other people’s portfolios as i have no clue how good or bad mine is compared to others lol.
Aliceejohnson
Rep:
(Original post by Sieno)
no i’m not, i don’t even know about that. i haven’t submitted my portfolio yet because i’m just going to wait until february as there is no need to submit it any earlier than the deadline lol. i wanna find other fine art applicants this year because i can’t find many at all, i also wish i could see other people’s portfolios as i have no clue how good or bad mine is compared to others lol.
I can send you a link to the edinburgh sc group?
mialouisee
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
hi! i've applied straight from a-level too to newcastle, lancaster, nottingham trent and loughborough. i'm also applying to foundation at AUB
Sieno
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by mialouisee)
hi! i've applied straight from a-level too to newcastle, lancaster, nottingham trent and loughborough. i'm also applying to foundation at AUB
niceee, i’m also loughborough and lancaster, worried i won’t get in though haha
Sanchaali
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi. I've applied for 5 fine art degrees straight from a level. These are at oxford (rejected), edinburgh (MA fine art), Glasgow School of Art (painting + printmaking), Newcastle, and Brighton. I'm also applying to foundation courses at Leeds arts uni and Bournemouth. I don't know anyone else who has applied for fine art and there's no official fine art applicants thread this year. Has anyone else applied?
I have applied for BA fine arts from Chelsea, Edinburgh, Loughborough, LAU and Manchester Metropolitan. Got conditional offer from LAU. Waiting to hear from others
Sanchaali
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Sieno)
niceee, i’m also loughborough and lancaster, worried i won’t get in though haha
I have applied for BA fine arts from Chelsea, Edinburgh, Loughborough, LAU and Manchester Metropolitan. Got conditional offer from LAU. Waiting to hear from others
isabelladaisy72
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hiya! OMG we have so many applications in common! I applied for MA and BA at Edinburgh, fine art at Newcastle, painting and printing at GSA, and a foundation degree at UAL.
))
Sieno
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Sanchaali)
i just got an offer from loughborough, sending off my edinburgh portfolio soon!
Aliceejohnson
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I just got an interview for painting and printmaking at GSA!!!!!
Aliceejohnson
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Sieno)
Hey well done
JessB004
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Sieno)
Congrats!! How was the interview? I have mine next week and I don’t know what to expect
JessB004
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Applied for BA fine art at Loughborough (top choice!!), Edinburgh, UCL, Manchester met and Aberystwyth (latter two are backups!)
stealingyakult
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
i've applied back in november to BA Fine Art at UAL CSM and sent in my portfolio in december !! Fine art isn't my top choice so I just applied to UAL to try out my chances tbh
isabelladaisy72
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I just got an interview for painting and printmaking at GSA!!!!!
WOOOWWW!!!!! Congrats!!
Did GSA send you an email or was it through UCAS?
Sanchaali
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Sieno)
Many Congratulations!! What is your top choice in the order of preference?
Sanchaali
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I have applied to BA Fine Art. I am an international student from India. Got conditional offers from Leeds Arts Uni, Northumbria and Falmouth. GOt rejected by UAL and still waiting to hear from Loughborough. Little confused about which one to choose. Any idea how do they rank?
Sanchaali
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by isabelladaisy72)
WOOOWWW!!!!! Congrats!!
Did GSA send you an email or was it through UCAS?
Awesome!! All the best for the interview
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (12)
21.82%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (5)
9.09%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
7.27%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (6)
10.91%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (15)
27.27%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
23.64%

Watched Threads