The Student Room Group

Fine art applicants 2022

Hi. I've applied for 5 fine art degrees straight from a level. These are at oxford (rejected), edinburgh (MA fine art), Glasgow School of Art (painting + printmaking), Newcastle, and Brighton. I'm also applying to foundation courses at Leeds arts uni and Bournemouth. I don't know anyone else who has applied for fine art and there's no official fine art applicants thread this year. Has anyone else applied?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey i applied for fine art straight from a levels at loughborough (got interview), leeds, edinburgh, lancaster and leeds arts uni (offer).
Original post by Sieno
hey i applied for fine art straight from a levels at loughborough (got interview), leeds, edinburgh, lancaster and leeds arts uni (offer).

Oh cool - are you on the edinburgh Snapchat or WhatsApp group? Have you submitted your Edinburgh portfolio yet?
Reply 3
Original post by Aliceejohnson
Oh cool - are you on the edinburgh Snapchat or WhatsApp group? Have you submitted your Edinburgh portfolio yet?

no i’m not, i don’t even know about that. i haven’t submitted my portfolio yet because i’m just going to wait until february as there is no need to submit it any earlier than the deadline lol. i wanna find other fine art applicants this year because i can’t find many at all, i also wish i could see other people’s portfolios as i have no clue how good or bad mine is compared to others lol.
Original post by Sieno
no i’m not, i don’t even know about that. i haven’t submitted my portfolio yet because i’m just going to wait until february as there is no need to submit it any earlier than the deadline lol. i wanna find other fine art applicants this year because i can’t find many at all, i also wish i could see other people’s portfolios as i have no clue how good or bad mine is compared to others lol.

I can send you a link to the edinburgh sc group?
hi! i've applied straight from a-level too to newcastle, lancaster, nottingham trent and loughborough. i'm also applying to foundation at AUB :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by mialouisee
hi! i've applied straight from a-level too to newcastle, lancaster, nottingham trent and loughborough. i'm also applying to foundation at AUB :smile:

niceee, i’m also loughborough and lancaster, worried i won’t get in though haha
Hi. I've applied for 5 fine art degrees straight from a level. These are at oxford (rejected), edinburgh (MA fine art), Glasgow School of Art (painting + printmaking), Newcastle, and Brighton. I'm also applying to foundation courses at Leeds arts uni and Bournemouth. I don't know anyone else who has applied for fine art and there's no official fine art applicants thread this year. Has anyone else applied?

I have applied for BA fine arts from Chelsea, Edinburgh, Loughborough, LAU and Manchester Metropolitan. Got conditional offer from LAU. Waiting to hear from others
Original post by Sieno
niceee, i’m also loughborough and lancaster, worried i won’t get in though haha

I have applied for BA fine arts from Chelsea, Edinburgh, Loughborough, LAU and Manchester Metropolitan. Got conditional offer from LAU. Waiting to hear from others

Hiya! OMG we have so many applications in common! I applied for MA and BA at Edinburgh, fine art at Newcastle, painting and printing at GSA, and a foundation degree at UAL.
:smile:))
Reply 10
Original post by Sanchaali

i just got an offer from loughborough, sending off my edinburgh portfolio soon!
I just got an interview for painting and printmaking at GSA!!!!!
Original post by Sieno

Hey well done :smile:
Original post by Sieno

Congrats!! How was the interview? I have mine next week and I don’t know what to expect :redface:
Applied for BA fine art at Loughborough (top choice!!), Edinburgh, UCL, Manchester met and Aberystwyth (latter two are backups!) :smile:
i've applied back in november to BA Fine Art at UAL CSM and sent in my portfolio in december !! Fine art isn't my top choice so I just applied to UAL to try out my chances tbh :s-smilie:
I just got an interview for painting and printmaking at GSA!!!!!

WOOOWWW!!!!! Congrats!!
Did GSA send you an email or was it through UCAS?
Original post by Sieno

Many Congratulations!! What is your top choice in the order of preference?

I have applied to BA Fine Art. I am an international student from India. Got conditional offers from Leeds Arts Uni, Northumbria and Falmouth. GOt rejected by UAL and still waiting to hear from Loughborough. Little confused about which one to choose. Any idea how do they rank?
Original post by isabelladaisy72
WOOOWWW!!!!! Congrats!!
Did GSA send you an email or was it through UCAS?

Awesome!! All the best for the interview

Quick Reply

Latest