The Student Room Group

Fine art applicants 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JessB004
Applied for BA fine art at Loughborough (top choice!!), Edinburgh, UCL, Manchester met and Aberystwyth (latter two are backups!) :smile:

Cool!! all the best. I also applied to Loughborough, Edinburg and Man Met
Original post by Amylouies16
Heyy! I have applied to fine art at bath spa, arts university bournemouth (those two are my top choices!) also to Loughborough, Leeds and newcastle. So far i have only been asked for a portfolio from Leeds and Newcastle but have an interview with Loughborough soon! Im actually thinking of withdrawing my application from Leeds because i dont really want to go there idk might still try though.

HOw is the Arts Univ Bournemouth compared to Loughborough of Leeds Arts University. I have applied to all three but not sure how they rank
Hey if anyone has applied to GSA, I'm thinking of making a gc on instagram because I cant' find one anywhere - send me your ig if you want and I can make one :smile:
Has anyone got any idea whensabouts Newcastle will ask for portfolios? I think I'm losing feeling in my fingers refreshing my email all the time! :biggrin: I've also applied to LJMU (interview) Bath Spa (interview) Ulster and Plymouth (offer) :smile:
Original post by jessicasilvester
Has anyone got any idea whensabouts Newcastle will ask for portfolios? I think I'm losing feeling in my fingers refreshing my email all the time! :biggrin: I've also applied to LJMU (interview) Bath Spa (interview) Ulster and Plymouth (offer) :smile:

Newcastle should already have asked you for a portfolio - they ask for them to be handed in in January. They do say they'll look at those that come in after January but you really should contact them and find out whats going on if you never got an email asking for a portfolio
Original post by Sanchaali
Cool!! all the best. I also applied to Loughborough, Edinburg and Man Met

Good luck! What’s your firm choice? (if you already know)
Can we just talk about how horrible Edinburghs portfolio system is 😫😫

Oh its awful I hate how I can't see everything together and you have to make it such awful quality
Original post by Aliceejohnson
Newcastle should already have asked you for a portfolio - they ask for them to be handed in in January. They do say they'll look at those that come in after January but you really should contact them and find out whats going on if you never got an email asking for a portfolio

Oops! I mean to write interviews, I've got portfolios on the brain atm aha
Original post by jessicasilvester
Oops! I mean to write interviews, I've got portfolios on the brain atm aha

Oh okay good I was worried for you for a second. I got an email yesterday saying they'll send out interviews once they've looked at all the portfolios so not to expect to hear back for a while
Original post by Aliceejohnson
Oh its awful I hate how I can't see everything together and you have to make it such awful quality

I feel so disorganised not being able to put certain topics together and it’s stressful 😭 I’ve got to send mine off tomorrow hopefully it’s not going to be a bother because I’ve already created it at such short notice 😂
Good luck! What’s your firm choice? (if you already know)

I am not sure. Depends on where I get the offer from
Original post by Sanchaali
I have applied to BA Fine Art. I am an international student from India. Got conditional offers from Leeds Arts Uni, Northumbria and Falmouth. GOt rejected by UAL and still waiting to hear from Loughborough. Little confused about which one to choose. Any idea how do they rank?

https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2021/art-design
Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 33

omg it’s so bad how u can’t like easily add and remove things and move them around. the quality of mine is so bad that i’m scared they will reject it for that reason lollll
hey! i applied to fine art at ucl, goldsmiths and kingston c: i also applied ual fine art: drawing and fine art: painting in camberwell.. anyone else?
(edited 2 years ago)
Recieved offers from NTU, Loughborough and Lancaster so just waiting on response to my sent portfolio to Newcastle now!! Anyone who's applying to Loughborough for Fine Art, just wanted to gauge your stance on their sport reputation and whether you think there's going to be an expectation for all students to partake in some way. Loughborough is quite high on my list, but I'm worried that I will feel a bit of an odd one out as I am not athletically gifted or really partake in any sports haha. I am due to visit their Offer Holder Day in March, but just wanted to get ur opinions rather than acc students there. Thanks and good luck to everyone with interviews and waiting on offers!!! :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by mialouisee
Recieved offers from NTU, Loughborough and Lancaster so just waiting on response to my sent portfolio to Newcastle now!! Anyone who's applying to Loughborough for Fine Art, just wanted to gauge your stance on their sport reputation and whether you think there's going to be an expectation for all students to partake in some way. Loughborough is quite high on my list, but I'm worried that I will feel a bit of an odd one out as I am not athletically gifted or really partake in any sports haha. I am due to visit their Offer Holder Day in March, but just wanted to get ur opinions rather than acc students there. Thanks and good luck to everyone with interviews and waiting on offers!!! :smile:

hey i got an offer from loughborough for fine art and am not sporty at all, like i am in 0 sports teams/clubs. i would participate if i was made to but doesn’t mean i’d be good at it lol. i’m also going to the offer holder day in march so i’ll see u there!
Hi guys! Just wondering how fast you heard from unis after submitting portfolios/ interviews?
Original post by Sieno
hey i got an offer from loughborough for fine art and am not sporty at all, like i am in 0 sports teams/clubs. i would participate if i was made to but doesn’t mean i’d be good at it lol. i’m also going to the offer holder day in march so i’ll see u there!

I’m also going to the offer holder day and I’m terrible at sport, glad to know I’m not the only one!

Quick Reply

Latest