The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham

Catered Accomadation

Obviously, in self catered accomadation at nottingham you would get a kitchen with a lounge area etc. I was wondering how this works with catered accomadation if you get this lounge area or a kitchen you can buy or cook food for/ in when you fancy a snack for example? Thanks
Original post by townaar
Obviously, in self catered accomadation at nottingham you would get a kitchen with a lounge area etc. I was wondering how this works with catered accomadation if you get this lounge area or a kitchen you can buy or cook food for/ in when you fancy a snack for example? Thanks

Normally a kitchenette with a kettle, microwave, sink & stuff. And they’ll be a JCR to chill in. You won’t be making any big meals in it but enough for snacks. They give you a meal card for lunch & serve breakfast & dinner every day.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Reply 2
Original post by townaar

Hi! Each hall has pantries that are usually shared between around 10-15 other people that live near you. It's not a strict assignment though, you are able to access a different pantry if, for example, the microwave is being used in yours. As the previous poster said, there will be a kettle (they also provide these in each room), microwave, sink and toaster. Note that there won't be a hob or oven to cook food from scratch. However if you're not feeling any of the dinner options on one night you can always get a microwaveable meal from Spar (which you can buy using your meal card which will have £25 added each week).

There is a Junior Common Room (JCR) but this just has a TV, sofas and pool table/table tennis table, so you aren't able to prepare food here.

Quick Reply

Latest