The Student Room Group

I don't know what to study

Hi guys

I want to ask the best option for me to study I was wondering if you have any recommendations or ideas that can help me choose as I want a non mathematical option.
I want to chose engineering( Civil) but I'm not very confident with maths so I've chosen to study marketing.

Between the two which one do you y'all think I should go for?. Is the maths in engineering( civil)hard?

I need help.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Well it depends on the career you want to go into, and also what you would define as ‘hard’ maths. Many civil engineering (BEng) degrees require A-level maths, so if you find the maths at A-level to be extremely difficult (if you even take it), then marketing may be like the most sensible option.
Reply 2
You should go with the subject you feel most passionate about. If you don’t have an interest in the subject you will find it difficult to do the work. But also make sure you feel capable of doing it, working hard and use all the help you are offered! Good luck.
Civil Engineering is mostly maths so you would need to enjoy maths and not find it too hard. Its a lot of differentiation and integration basically

Quick Reply

Latest