The Student Room Group

tell me if im wrong

i'm in university paying for student halls. rn im back at my parents house to celebrate christmas, however, i wanted to spend new years in my halls with all my friends as everyone is returning before the 1st january so we can all spend new years together. however, my dad absolutely refuses for me to go even though we don't even have many plans for new years here. i believe my dad is a narcissist as he wants to look at me as this perfect daughter and wants to control many aspects of my life including this. literally just got into a fight with him because i told him i want to go back to the halls which im paying for with my own money. he was even like 'how dare you even ask that question' when ALL my friends are going back to uni b4 new years and i 'dared' to ask him. makes no sense in my head and im a full adult. feel like hes not letting me grow as an adult and because of this grandiose narcissistic upbringing, i feel like im a people pleaser and the most indecisive ever. anyways, my point is that am i wrong for wanting to spend new years with my friends instead of my family even tho i spend christmas and new years every single year here ??????????????

oh yeah also he likes to shout at any given reason.
Reply 1
No. I think it is fine to go back to your accommodation.
You're not wrong. You're paying the rent on the accomodation, you may as well live in it as much as you can to get your money's worth.
Just go
No- you are right. :smile:
You may want to restrict face to face contact with your father to ensure that he cannot jeopardise your self-esteem, health or efforts to maintain a positive mindset.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending