Anon346775
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
title.
Last edited by Anon346775; 2 weeks ago
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Well not today I'd assume. It's still Bank Holiday today and tomorrow.
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by ecolier)
Well not today I'd assume. It's still Bank Holiday today and tomorrow.
Oh. Maybe thats why they are not replying.
Anon346775
Rep:
the minute you tell the training provider you are interested in just remote apprenticeship roles, is it basically all over? I said that and they said they will get back to me if one of the vacancies have a remote work placement, but they never did and they gave that one that they were going to speak to me about to someone else.
PrimaryITE
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Most won't be starting back until 4th January. However being teacher's they may look at their emails over the Christmas period, just don't presume they will.

What do you mean by remote apprenticeship roles?
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by PrimaryITE)
Most won't be starting back until 4th January. However being teacher's they may look at their emails over the Christmas period, just don't presume they will.

What do you mean by remote apprenticeship roles?
where the training and the work placement is from home.
PrimaryITE
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anon346775)
where the training and the work placement is from home.
Do you mean that the study part does not require you to go into the university (i.e. it's online). You can't do the school part from home as you're employed by the school and teachers don't work remotely (except when the government tells them to). This will vary by provider so you would need to look at each offering by provider if this would be the case (e.g. Coventry is mostly online teaching).

Apprenticeships are still quite few and far between at the moment, so are very competitive. As you are being employed by the school, it is more like applying for a job and what that school is looking for.
Anon346775
Rep:
Do you mean that the study part does not require you to go into the university (i.e. it's online). You can't do the school part from home as you're employed by the school and teachers don't work remotely (except when the government tells them to). This will vary by provider so you would need to look at each offering by provider if this would be the case (e.g. Coventry is mostly online teaching).

Apprenticeships are still quite few and far between at the moment, so are very competitive. As you are being employed by the school, it is more like applying for a job and what that school is looking for.
yep by training I mean the studying part of it is from home and the work placement is also from home. Apprenticeships are part study part working.
PrimaryITE
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
When you say "the work part is from home", it sounds as if you expect to be teaching remotely. That you will be in your house teaching via the computer.

All teaching apprenticeships are for a year in a school placement (with ~6 weeks placement in a contrasting school) , so you should be clearer that you are actually looking for a placement near where you live.
Last edited by PrimaryITE; 2 weeks ago
one_two_three
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
yep by training I mean the studying part of it is from home and the work placement is also from home. Apprenticeships are part study part working.
Teachers do not work from home? Your work placement WILL be in a school and that isn't negotiable, it's a take it or leave it situation.
PrimaryITE
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Just to note that (AFAIK) all teaching apprenticeships at the moment are postgraduate routes and require a degree.
Anon346775
Rep:
Just to note that (AFAIK) all teaching apprenticeships at the moment are postgraduate routes and require a degree.
where are you lot getting teaching from? I am looking into business admin apprenticeships and I am asking in general are teachers/tutors from training providers back to work yet
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by one_two_three)
Teachers do not work from home? Your work placement WILL be in a school and that isn't negotiable, it's a take it or leave it situation.
I didn’t say I wanted to be a teacher. I am going to do a business admin apprenticeship and I am asking if the teachers at training providers are back yet.
Anon346775
Rep:
maybe I put it in the wrong forum
PrimaryITE
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I didn’t say I wanted to be a teacher. I am going to do a business admin apprenticeship and I am asking if the teachers at training providers are back yet.
You posted in the teacher training section so naturally people would think you were talking about that. The title of teacher is usually reserved for those teaching at Primary of Secondary level (occasionally post 16), else they are usually called lecturers.

If you are looking to do a higher or degree apprenticeship then normally you apply to the company not to a training provider. You can find most opportunities on the government website - https://www.gov.uk/government/public...pprenticeships

You are employed by the company and they release you to study. Some companies will be closed over the Christmas period others will be open. You do not (usually) get a choice where you will study or how, as the company will have an agreement with a specific training provider.

Coming back to your other point, remote working is still not the norm. The expectation in most companies will be for staff to be on site, however due to covid there may be opportunities for remote working. Even if this is currently happening you should not expect it to always be this way. Also even with remote working there will be times where you would be required to be on site.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads