Do you think I will get into UCL?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi! I am applying to UCL's Biomedical Engineering course which requires AAA and I have got AAA in Maths, Physics and Business. I’m currently taking a gap year where I’m doing a one year virtual certificate in Business Strategy. I’ve done some work experience in engineering, I’ve been involved in healthcare businesses, I’ve done charity work and I’ve proven my interest in art. Do you think there is a high chance of m getting in?

Thank you, and good luck everyone doing their application!
ganesteaches
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Do you know if there’s an interview/informal talk? Sometimes it’s not just based on academic merits. However, yes, if you meet the eligible requirements you should be in. Also seems like you have a lot of external “academic” activities which is what they want!

So long story short, yes!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ganesteaches)
Do you know if there’s an interview/informal talk? Sometimes it’s not just based on academic merits. However, yes, if you meet the eligible requirements you should be in. Also seems like you have a lot of external “academic” activities which is what they want!

So long story short, yes!
No, there's no interviews for engineering, I'm just worried that they won't see business as a proper reputable A level like a science. Also will they take my grades seriously even though they were grades without official exams? Like some people had assessment materials exam and so got high marks and grades because they saw the questions before the exam, but I had to work really hard for my subjects because I had never seen the questions before because my teachers used different questions but UCL doesn't know that. Do you know what I mean?
ganesteaches
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
I mean I taught someone who did biomed engineering at QM - they had come from Brazil with a similar situation where their subjects didn't conventionally correspond to their degree choice. You just need to convince the UCL in your PS (if you haven't submitted it already) why each individual accolade contributes to the degree i.e. why will business help with engineering - doesn't necessarily have to be the content you learned.. Look at the skills you developed from learning business and the ways you can implement them in biomed engineering.

Yeah I think it was a tough situation in terms of the whole examination process overall - all my students that I taught got in with the grades that the schools provided so you should be fine.

Hope that helps!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ganesteaches)
I mean I taught someone who did biomed engineering at QM - they had come from Brazil with a similar situation where their subjects didn't conventionally correspond to their degree choice. You just need to convince the UCL in your PS (if you haven't submitted it already) why each individual accolade contributes to the degree i.e. why will business help with engineering - doesn't necessarily have to be the content you learned.. Look at the skills you developed from learning business and the ways you can implement them in biomed engineering.

Yeah I think it w as a tough situation in terms of the whole examination process overall - all my students that I taught got in with the grades that the schools provided so you should be fine.

Hope that helps!
Thank you, it does help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.03%
It went fairly well (239)
47.51%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.91%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed