Muhammad I
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I received an email last week Thursday that I have an interview at a University as I have applied to do a secondary teacher training course there. However I misread the email and it mentioned that I had to reply to the email to confirm that I could attend. I emailed today and and also rang in but today and tomorrow are bank holidays so there was no response. Is it safe to assume that my interview for the teacher training course will be moved to another date as my response was late and would it disadvantage me if my interview was moved to a later date? Really stressing out about this so any response is much appreciated.
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Muhammad I)
I received an email last week Thursday that I have an interview at a University as I have applied to do a secondary teacher training course there. However I misread the email and it mentioned that I had to reply to the email to confirm that I could attend. I emailed today and and also rang in but today and tomorrow are bank holidays so there was no response. Is it safe to assume that my interview for the teacher training course will be moved to another date as my response was late and would it disadvantage me if my interview was moved to a later date? Really stressing out about this so any response is much appreciated.
What is the date of the interview?

I would assume it’s still on for the stated date, unless they contact you saying otherwise.
Muhammad I
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bluebeetle)
What is the date of the interview?

I would assume it’s still on for the stated date, unless they contact you saying otherwise.
The Interview is on the 6th of January. I have emailed them but the earliest I will receive a response is this Wednesday as the PGCE office at the uni is closed for the next 2 days because of bank holidays. Just wondering as because I'll respond quite late that I'm available to attend the interview and most candidates (who unlike me didn't misread the email) have likely already said that they're available to attend the interview day and it was mentioned that places on the course are competitive, will my interview day be moved or will they in light of my mistake let me keep the original interview date.
Last edited by Muhammad I; 2 weeks ago
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Muhammad I)
The Interview is on the 6th of January. I have emailed them but the earliest I will receive a response is this Wednesday as the PGCE office at the uni is closed for the next 2 days because of bank holidays. Just wondering as because I'll respond quite late that I'm available to attend the interview and most candidates (who unlike me didn't misread the email) have likely already said that they're available to attend the interview day and it was mentioned that places on the course are competitive, will my interview day be moved or will they in light of my mistake let me keep the original interview date.
Only the uni know, you’ll have to wait for their response. I don’t think it’s likely they’ll delay your interview though, as you replied ~5 days after receiving the email, which is hardly dire.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads