iamconfusion2021
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi everyone,

Currently looking at options for my postgraduate study but I fear I'm getting ahead of myself and am looking at courses too early!

I'm in my 2nd year at the moment, so is this the right time to be attending open days, etc or should I wait until early in third year?
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by iamconfusion2021)
Hi everyone,

Currently looking at options for my postgraduate study but I fear I'm getting ahead of myself and am looking at courses too early!

I'm in my 2nd year at the moment, so is this the right time to be attending open days, etc or should I wait until early in third year?
Your timing is just right. You need to make your applications in your first term of your third/final year (for most funded opportunities). You can make applications throughout your third year, but funding deadlines are usually Nov, Dec, Jan, sometimes Feb.
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by iamconfusion2021)
Hi everyone,

Hey iamconfusion2021!

Now is the best time to start thinking about your postgraduate studies! You are definitely on the right track and I commend you for thinking about it at such a stage. I did the same thing in my 2nd year and I actually created a spreadsheet with all of the Universities I wanted to attend, the courses, the entry requirements, deadlines, and available scholarships. You can even add to the spreadsheet their open days! This will help you a lot with your planning.

Wishing you all the best!

- Dennis (PhD Air Transport Management student)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads