Roaring 20s: a wellness & life blog (2022 edn.)

Watch this thread
wifd149
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Roaring 20s ━☆゚.*・。゚
Ages 20 - 21 (2022 edition)

hi, welcome !(◕‿◕)

I use this blog to keep track of my life, growth, and wellbeing.
For university-centred updates, I chat about them in this thread. I also have a Tumblr account where I re-blog a lot of anime/manga theories, personal quotes, pretty images, and anything I like really

Things I will talk about:
- Random life reflections
- Life & wellness updates
- Anything

- ♡♡♡ -

Who is wifd149?

I am currently a university student, if that wasn't obvious enough (I can't think of anything else that is remarkable about myself, so why do I even ask this question here? )

I enjoy reading in my spare time — novels, random opinions, comics, manga; not that there is any limit to it :dontknow: I'm that one person who even fills their breaks with lots of reading, but looking at text for long hours tend to fry my brain and strain my eyes so I've been trying to move into podcasts occasionally.

I also watch an unbelievable amount of YouTube regularly; maybe sometimes up to 6 hours a day The ones I tend to go to for are Eva Zu Beck (a travel vlogger with very nice shots), CDawgVA, Abroad in Japan, emmie (book YouTuber), Jacksepticeye, Pewdiepie, and some VTubers (Usada Pekora, Holostars: Roberu Yukoku, Izuru, Astel). I do watch study YT videos from time to time, especially vlogger ones like Unjaded Jade, Vee, and Eve Cornwell.

I am also a virgo and my MBTI is INTJ if anyone wants to know

What to expect from this blog thread?

The reason why I decided to do this was because I have had a lot of growing pains in these past two years.

"Focused on the things that didn't make no sense
Guess that growing up was never meant to be easy

Yeah, I got used to doing everything sideways
Didn't really care about how everyone felt
Hiding my emotions down in different ashtrays

Oh, but what is lost ain't gone
No, you can't just let go
'Cause it's a part of you that will make you strong
Embrace your flaws

I'm not gonna fight back what I've become
Yeah, I've got bruises where I came from
But I wouldn't change if I could re-start
I ain't gonna hide these beautiful scars...

...I went down a road that only got me nowhere
I've seen every corner, every inch of this place..."

— Beautiful Scars, by Maximillian
— ♡♡♡ —
My past eats me up, and sometimes likes to dig themselves out of their graves to hunt my ass down. Family life is very tricky and can get unbelievably trying for me. I have lived through hard times and sometimes I think about them a lot. I have a lot of regrets. The depression and BPD don't make anything easier either.

I have been suici*** since young, so it is always a goal of mine to learn how to appreciate life, be alive and be happy It is always an on-going goal and it is something that I can gladly say that have been improving lots over the years, even when **** hits the fan sometimes. I want to be more accepting of myself, of my past, of my background, of where I come from, of my life and the parts that I cannot change.

I also want to take care of myself, learn good things, and improve myself before I am 25! I read somewhere that most adult brains mature by ages 24 to 25, so I want to correct my habits and mentality before they can get set in stone. So I am doing this blog to keep track of them, and with everything else too.

So what can you expect from this blog?
  • Random posts about anything I am up to really
  • There will be sad posts sometimes (warning :innocent:)

Beautiful Scars lyrics video:
Spoiler:
Show
Last edited by wifd149; 4 months ago
Serene Dreams
Badges: 22
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Watching :cookie: Best of luck with your goals!
Last edited by Serene Dreams; 4 months ago
wifd149
Rep:
This space is reserved to categorise future posts from OP!
wifd149
Rep:
Midnight of 30th December

It’s currently the early wee hours of the morning. I had much better sleep last night, managed to sleep for about 6 hours which I must continue on to fulfil that 7 hours for a 24-hour daily period 🧐

Aside from chatting at TSR far too much, I have also been online window shopping in hopes of constructing a new fashion wardrobe for the new era. Not that it’s anything extravagant (I think), but I am still wearing clothes from when I was 13-14 (I have grown like 7/8 cm since then 🙉). That in itself isn’t the issue; it’s that I don’t exactly have anything appropriate for events, outings, and let alone as workwear. It was problematic when I did my internship because I have had to wash the clothing the same night before because I don’t have enough black or workwear trousers 🥲 This would also give a chance to upgrade my wardrobe to something I actually like too, and definitely something coherent unlike my current mumbo jumbo mess!

Of course this isn’t a one lump sum splurge 🥲 That’s too expensive! Rather, I am still in planning mode and will set aside any loose change I can get after appropriately budgeting. I am also intending to resell as much of my old, wearable clothes as I can on Depop or wherever (I don’t know much places where I can resell them yet). So chances are this is a full-year side project, or even longer if I am considering makeup, hats, and gloves. I hardly wear makeup everyday to be honest, so that is unlikely to be some big expenditure. It’s another thing with skincare maybe, I haven’t started “anti-aging” yet and I probably should since I am 20 already (and I don’t feel like 20 🙃).

I am looking to Pinterest for some staple outfits, so that I don’t purchase anything unnecessarily. From my experience, if you can’t match or wear the item usefully, it becomes a huge financial waste 🙉

So earlier, I was looking at boots outfits. One reason why is because I can wear it with midi skirts/dresses and not feel too much like a kid wearing tights and shoes 😪 While I don’t mind the combo when I am out with friends, it’s weirder with elderly and relatives. Simply a generalisation of my mind that it’s no longer fun to wear short skirts + tights + shoes when I am at some older party, if you will. Probably it’s just because I wear that combo a lot since I was 9 and still feel like a kid doing it. Another reason is because I can match it with trousers so they wouldn’t be a once-a-month wear.

Right now the debate is if I should save up for something like Dr Martens or something more of a “classical” style? Do I want it over-the-knee, knee-high, up to my ankles, or a Chelsea boot? I want to have something I can wear in the summer – yes, summer.

Here are some Pinterest photos I was looking at (sources: Sézane, Net-A-Porter, Rosie Huntington):
Spoiler:
Show
Name:  B5598D07-A04D-437C-B904-DEDBF57ACAC9.jpeg
Views: 81
Size:  284.5 KBName:  A4B37B22-F6F6-4856-9097-2229AB4AFDE0.jpeg
Views: 89
Size:  207.9 KBName:  3DC3BFEE-FF32-45A7-9F11-8796AF97B227.jpeg
Views: 84
Size:  26.3 KBName:  5C0EF5A8-D2A3-42B6-8706-261F3A7E9475.jpeg
Views: 91
Size:  177.0 KBName:  DC48E265-55BF-4933-A330-082E7F6F1879.jpeg
Views: 86
Size:  118.8 KB
wifd149
Rep:
I am going to take note of every article of clothing I have at my parents’ house once examinations are done, and will see from there; what to sell, what to donate, what to keep, etc. 😪

A full-year project, innit.
starrystudy
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
ahh your blog is so aesthetically pleasing, I'll definitely be following this
wish you nothing but luck for your goals before 25, you will get there <3
I love the outfits you posted, they're definitely very very classy I really need to upgrade my wardrobe too, but unfortunately I'm a broke uni student ):
Last edited by starrystudy; 4 months ago
wifd149
Rep:
(Original post by starrystudy)
ahh your blog is so aesthetically pleasing, I'll definitely be following this
wish you nothing but luck for your goals before 25, you will get there <3
I love the outfits you posted, they're definitely very very classy I really need to upgrade my wardrobe too, but unfortunately I'm a broke uni student ):
Hahaha, I am trying to make this blog decent 🙃 Thank you mate! Feel free to catch up whenever really, I tend to make wordy posts so it can get hard sometimes as a reader (even for my own self 🥲).

You don’t say, I’ve stuck to ill-matching and horrid outfits for most of my life 🙉 It’s a big time for a change 😗

While there are some ways to get them affordable, it is already time-consuming to plan and search for them so I am taking my time with all this 😂
wifd149
Rep:
Evening, work breaks of 30th December

I know that some reading this on the same day will ponder whether I will be writing daily or far too frequently. I don't think that will be the case in the long-run, it's just that we are in the holidays season now and I have a tad bit more free time than I usually do :woo: Also, today is somewhat trying because I am struggling with university work at the moment.

This late-afternoon and evening I have been eating while watching 2 of Freddy, my love's vlogs as part of my in-between study breaks. For those of you who don't know Freddy, she is a Londoner pale-pink fashionista YouTuber.

I know that the next question you might have will be whether I am some kind of fashion-obsessed freak or if I have a bad habit of spending money recklessly 😗 The first isn't true in the slightest, I just love the feeling of being true to your own self and I strongly believe that fashion plays a huge part in that. My wardrobe is full of very uncoordinated items 😪 About the second one though, I do save 98% of the time but can become quite an emotional spender in that remaining 2%. I wished that doesn't affect me as much, but last year I once splurged too much ££ in one day on bloody stationeries that I don't need and then had to limit my eating budget for like £30 in the following month 😭 I ate on the average once a day or two days if I didn't have the time to cook for myself and ordered fries from Five Guys (they make the best chips in my area mate 😙) or that pretty filling £2 kebab as a treat. Otherwise, savethestudent.org has been a massive life-saver during that month. Safe to say those erratic months of horrible eating habits (and the puking that follows) were somewhat able to semi-traumatize me to not do reckless **** again 🤣 Ever since then I have been making monthly budgets, alongside some reward plans I would have to agree. with. myself. in advance :awesome:

Why I like watching Freddy though, is because her vlogs are normally chill and I love her demeanor a lot. She is a relaxing person in my opinion, and I get to experience what free-hearted shopping is like in my spare time.

These were her Christmas vlogs that I was watching:

Spoiler:
Show

I am also looking forward for tomorrow, as I will be planning to see what my new year's resolutions will be like — but that is another post for another day. I will be having lunch at my gramps too, so we shall see (I don't want the BPD to be speaking tomorrow at all) Ciao! :rofl:
wifd149
Rep:
Quick update on NY Eve and New Years:

Noticed how awful my latest formatting has been with that chunky paragraph.

Got my list of my NY resolutions and I legit wrote a 4-page essay about 2021 in my experience. Will try to post it up tomorrow for the sake of this online diary, but I am trying to make it as simple as possible to not overwhelm readers and myself.

I know I have a total 15-pages of assignments to do, but I am forgetting about them tonight to give me another long ass break from I don’t know what. But in God’s will I should be up and ready for work tomorrow. No more stagnating (deep breaths) :yum::boring:
wifd149
Rep:
00:00 Hello 1st January 2022! :grouphugs:

Please be nice to all of us, and God let me succeed in everything I want to accomplish in the year of 2022! May this year bring me prosperity, wealth, great health in mind and body, love, and happiness. I don’t want to suffer anxiety attacks, nervous breakdowns, intense emotional rollercoasters, immense stress, and uncontrollable laziness anytime this year 🧡 May I make good memories, relationships and friends this year as well!
wifd149
Rep:
Random update:

One of my ol' Filipina friends just made a 'halo-halo' shaved ice dessert. The reason why I'm writing this is because I want to take note of some rare moments I will have since she will be leaving for good some time in 2022, most probably when I am moving out to a new place. It is sad news, especially since I have known her from when I was literally 3 years old :lolwut: Knowing that something will change in advance, a significant part of my life and not less, is an odd feeling to be honest.
username5857626
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I love this! Will be watching this I hope that you can achieve all that you want this year.
wifd149
Rep:
(Original post by Bronfenbrennerzy)
I love this! Will be watching this I hope that you can achieve all that you want this year.
Thank you! :rofl3:

I actually told Serene Dreams that I would be posting my reflections and new year's resolutions later - since we both said that we might have something wordy to write. Except that last night's was a legit 4-paged essay, and so I'm cutting it down later.

Keeping your heads up about how lengthy it can be because it won't only be the reader that's annoyed, but me as the writer :groovy:
jack456789
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
do u mainly read comics or anime?
wifd149
Rep:
(Original post by jack456789)
do u mainly read comics or anime?
Mainly manga (Japanese comics). When it comes to Western comics, it's either central to DC's Harley Quinn's comics or adult ones. I do watch anime on occasions though, issue is that I am too much of an impatient person to wait for the dialogues to pass.
Serene Dreams
Badges: 22
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by wifd149)
Thank you! :rofl3:

I actually told Serene Dreams that I would be posting my reflections and new year's resolutions later - since we both said that we might have something wordy to write. Except that last night's was a legit 4-paged essay, and so I'm cutting it down later.

Keeping your heads up about how lengthy it can be because it won't only be the reader that's annoyed, but me as the writer :groovy:
Hahahah I am looking forward to your post but I am such an impulsive creature, watch me not post anything at all because, well, just because. XD
wifd149
Rep:
(Original post by Serene Dreams)
Hahahah I am looking forward to your post but I am such an impulsive creature, watch me not post anything at all because, well, just because. XD
No worries, am still stuck on page 3 of the refined version :burnout: Not even into my resolutions yet
wifd149
Rep:
May I ask if it’s alright for this thread to be moved to the 2022 Well-being forum?

Chronoscope
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by wifd149)
May I ask if it’s alright for this thread to be moved to the 2022 Well-being forum?

becausethenight sr90 Chronoscope
Moved over for you good luck!
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Ooh, following - looking great already
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (130)
42.76%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
17.76%
No (120)
39.47%

Watched Threads