Hate my boyfriends girl mates

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I’m not one to hate my boyfriends friends just cause they’re girls. My boyfriend has lots of girl friends at uni who I’ve never met meaning I have no clue of what they’re like or they’re intentions however I have absolutely no problem with them. My problem is his group of friends from home. These girls used to be my friends before his. I also used to be friends with my boyfriends group of lad mates separate from the girls (who may I add used to chat s*** about this group of girls. Since getting with my boyfriend these group of girls have continued to hang out with these lad friends including my boyfriend (lad friends who no longer have anything to do with me and my group of friends) and the girls have repeatedly disrespected me and my relationship. They have posted themselves on numerous occasions encouraging my boyfriend to do disrespectful things to me on social media despite being my friends first and I have heard from multiple people that they have been sl*gging me and my friends off behind our backs. I’ve told my boyfriend I’m not really comfortable him hanging out with them and that they make me feel really insecure but I don’t want to be that controlling girlfriend that stops him from hanging out with them. He has been really reassuring but the whole thing but I just don’t know what to do but every time he hangs out with them I feel terrible and I end up taking it out on him when I think my problem really lies with them.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m not one to hate my boyfriends friends just cause they’re girls. My boyfriend has lots of girl friends at uni who I’ve never met meaning I have no clue of what they’re like or they’re intentions however I have absolutely no problem with them. My problem is his group of friends from home. These girls used to be my friends before his. I also used to be friends with my boyfriends group of lad mates separate from the girls (who may I add used to chat s*** about this group of girls. Since getting with my boyfriend these group of girls have continued to hang out with these lad friends including my boyfriend (lad friends who no longer have anything to do with me and my group of friends) and the girls have repeatedly disrespected me and my relationship. They have posted themselves on numerous occasions encouraging my boyfriend to do disrespectful things to me on social media despite being my friends first and I have heard from multiple people that they have been sl*gging me and my friends off behind our backs. I’ve told my boyfriend I’m not really comfortable him hanging out with them and that they make me feel really insecure but I don’t want to be that controlling girlfriend that stops him from hanging out with them. He has been really reassuring but the whole thing but I just don’t know what to do but every time he hangs out with them I feel terrible and I end up taking it out on him when I think my problem really lies with them.
my problem is that he hasn’t really done anything wrong. he has been really good about the whole and thing and constantly messages me to make sure i’m okay when he’s out with them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (94)
20.13%
The paper was reasonable (179)
38.33%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.48%
It was TERRIBLE (75)
16.06%

Watched Threads