The Student Room Group

I’m so tired I wish I could get more work done but I’m so demotivated

In yr 13 and still unsure if we’re going back in January as I have my mocks that month too, I really wanna do well but I just can’t find it in myself to get up. Last week I was so productive. I hope I can go to the library for the remainder of this week but we’ll see.

Anyone else in a similar predicament? How have you been coping/ managing to revise over Christmas? Will we go back in January?
Reply 1
I wish I could just make it all stop, the exams, the revision the stress. All I want is to relax all day but I feel so unaccomplished
Original post by Anonymous
I wish I could just make it all stop, the exams, the revision the stress. All I want is to relax all day but I feel so unaccomplished

Hi. I completely understand where you are coming from. On top of mocks I have interviews and tests for unis. I felt so anxious. But, I just thought to myself 1- all anyone as well as yourself can do is try and revise and think about the outcome. Once it's done it's done. Remember, at the end you will have time to relax. Alsthough next year for us year 13 is going to be tough. Just making a tometable and sticking to this will help. I hope you do AMAZING, just know that I'm in the same boat as you.
i literally can't revise i don't even celebrate Christmas
well ive done alot but i'm abit stuck on a few things and I was meant to go over in the holidays
Reply 5
Original post by Sparklemist
Hi. I completely understand where you are coming from. On top of mocks I have interviews and tests for unis. I felt so anxious. But, I just thought to myself 1- all anyone as well as yourself can do is try and revise and think about the outcome. Once it's done it's done. Remember, at the end you will have time to relax. Alsthough next year for us year 13 is going to be tough. Just making a tometable and sticking to this will help. I hope you do AMAZING, just know that I'm in the same boat as you.

Thank you so much, I hope you do amazingly also. It’s reassuring knowing that this stress will soon be over in June I hope I can keep going till then and that it all pays off.
Reply 6
Original post by a-rosethatpricks
i literally can't revise i don't even celebrate Christmas

What’s stopping you from revising?
Reply 7
I guess it's all about getting the revision technique right as well. Nothing feels worse than sitting for hours and revision and nothing actually getting into your head, if you try to organize yourself into a good revision method then it may not take as long and u may feel more motivated!!!!:smile:
Thank you so much, I hope you do amazingly also. It’s reassuring knowing that this stress will soon be over in June I hope I can keep going till then and that it all pays off.

Ty. I know you can just talking about this shows evidently that you are ready to enage in work. Just a lot of work really though. Lol. I was crying for an hour but then calmed down, I hope that in a year's time that we really take time in looking after ourselves both physically and mentally since this year is just to me called stress year.
Reply 9
Original post by 16rohee-a
I guess it's all about getting the revision technique right as well. Nothing feels worse than sitting for hours and revision and nothing actually getting into your head, if you try to organize yourself into a good revision method then it may not take as long and u may feel more motivated!!!!:smile:

I’ve been trying to do this more recently, thanks for the advice!
Original post by Sparklemist
Ty. I know you can just talking about this shows evidently that you are ready to enage in work. Just a lot of work really though. Lol. I was crying for an hour but then calmed down, I hope that in a year's time that we really take time in looking after ourselves both physically and mentally since this year is just to me called stress year.

I hope I’m not more stressed next year I’m doing a law degree😂
BRUHHHH I HAVE EXAMS IN JANUARY. NOT MOCKS, MY REAL EXAM AND I HAVE DONE NO REVISION WHATSOEVER.
i wish i was joking but i haven't touched any source of revision or picked up a pen. What makes it worse is i dont even know the actual date for the exam. I guess everyone who is in the same predicament as me is just hoping for a lockdown but what are your thoughts on this?
I feel as though there could be a lockdown but also on the news boris was just saying how effective the booster jab is. More boosted= less likelihood of a lockdown i guess...?
yh exams are after new years so there still a bit of hope, even after looking at the hospitalisation, it's mainly those who are unvaccinated/ not booster jabbed. I feel like theres less likely to be a lockdown but im just so demotivated to revise so im just hoping for a lockdown
Warwick UCL Nottingham Sheffield and Birmingham, I’ve only gotten offers from Sheffield and Birmingham so far though, what about you?
yh exams are after new years so there still a bit of hope, even after looking at the hospitalisation, it's mainly those who are unvaccinated/ not booster jabbed. I feel like theres less likely to be a lockdown but im just so demotivated to revise so im just hoping for a lockdown

It's kinda sad that most year 13s, me included, are hoping for a lockdown. It's inevitable that we feel this way though, in comparison to other years that have sat exams, we are so unprepared and way behind content-wise (at least at my college). At the end of November, I really thought there would be a lockdown, but with no restrictions being set recently because the deaths are relatively low, and hospitalisations are less likely with Omicron, it really feels like we won't have one. Even if we did have one, I doubt they would close schools. Meaning we'll probably have to sit exams, right? But with us Y13s not being sure what's happening after New Year's, being unmotivated to revise, and just generally feeling unprepared, it feels like exams shouldn't be happening. :sigh: I have mocks 2 weeks from when I'm back in college. I did all my homework on the first week off and planned to do my revision on the second week. I did my homework, but I feel so unmotivated to do any revision, so I can relate with all of your comments.
In yr 13 and still unsure if we’re going back in January as I have my mocks that month too, I really wanna do well but I just can’t find it in myself to get up. Last week I was so productive. I hope I can go to the library for the remainder of this week but we’ll see.

Anyone else in a similar predicament? How have you been coping/ managing to revise over Christmas? Will we go back in January?

Okay, I think it's time for you to take a deep breath. You have come so far. You are so close. The end is in sight.

Also, you can only do your best, nothing more. Take things a step at a time. One by one.

Believe in yourself. Positive visualisation. Stop imagining yourself failing or forgetting everything.

Stop working in a grey area. Separate your study environment from your play environment. Come out of your room to study. Get fresh air. Change the setting around. Change up your revision styles. Practice past paper questions over and over again! Under timed conditions!

Ask yourself which questions am I spending more time on? So look up that topic in the exam board specification and read what's on there, then annotate according to the bullet points that are on there.

Which questions are you struggling to get any or full marks on? After attempting those questions only, and only after (you won't learn otherwise), check the mark scheme and jot down the main marking points and learn them. Do the same if you're finding similar questions popping up.

Learn and revise actively and smartly. Speak aloud. Do revision sessions with friend whether over video call, texting or in person. Email your teachers with questions. Utilise everything you have at your disposal.

YouTube videos! They helped me so much!!! Any topics you're stuck on, then search on YouTube and someone might have explained it in a really simple way.

Ensure you are happy, well-rested, with enough sleep and eat well. Spend time with friends and family to de-stress. You need it. Especially now. Don't forget to take deep breaths! You need all the oxygen you can get to supply those poor brain cells!!

Enjoy revision - try not to see it as a chore. See yourself acing your exams! If you don't believe it, how likely will it be that it will happen?

Don't see failing as the end of the road. See it as a learning opportunity! A person who reflects and gains as much feedback as possible and improves themselves for future situations can make such a huge comeback!!!

Good luck! We're all cheering you on. Don't give up. Believe in yourself. You have totally got this. You are awesome and you better know that :smile: show them what you're made of!!
What’s stopping you from revising?

duno

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending