Southampton Law Applicants 2022

Watch this thread
anonymousKGE
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi there,
I have applied to Law with Psychology at Southampton but I went on the official southampton 2022 applicant thread and barely anyone there has applied for Law/Law with Psychology

It would be nice to get to know others who have applied to/gotten offers for either course and really want to go to Southampton!!
Last edited by anonymousKGE; 5 months ago
N.A.T.H
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
I have gotten an offer and I agree it would be nice to get to know some people!
anonymousKGE
Rep:
(Original post by N.A.T.H)
I have gotten an offer and I agree it would be nice to get to know some people!
Hey NATH!! Thanks for replying it really helps me!
What course did you apply for and are you thinking of firming Southampton?
N.A.T.H
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by anonymousKGE)
Hey NATH!! Thanks for replying it really helps me!
What course did you apply for and are you thinking of firming Southampton?
Same course as you. I think this is the same person from the other thread 😂
anonymousKGE
Rep:
Same course as you. I think this is the same person from the other thread 😂
Yes it is! Sorry i keep jumping from thread to thread! What other unis did you apply for and whats your order of preference?
N.A.T.H
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Yes it is! Sorry i keep jumping from thread to thread! What other unis did you apply for and whats your order of preference?
Cambridge
Exeter
York
Leeds
Southampton

Only got an offer got an offer from Southampton so far. Declined from Leeds and Cambridge so waiting on York and Exeter.
anonymousKGE
Rep:
Cambridge
Exeter
York
Leeds
Southampton

Only got an offer got an offer from Southampton so far. Declined from Leeds and Cambridge so waiting on York and Exeter.
Sorry about Leeds and Cambridge. Same ive applied to York and Exeter as well. Also applied to Nottingham and Bangor!
Also thanks for your reply in the other thread very helpful, hopefully i here something something soon
N.A.T.H
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Sorry about Leeds and Cambridge. Same ive applied to York and Exeter as well. Also applied to Nottingham and Bangor!
Also thanks for your reply in the other thread very helpful, hopefully i here something something soon
You’re welcome! Did you get put on hold for Exeter and York?
Last edited by N.A.T.H; 5 months ago
anonymousKGE
Rep:
You’re welcome! Did you get out on hood for Exeter abs York?
I dont know tbh. Im predicted A*A*A so i presumed i should have a good chance with getting offers so hopefully i hear from them soon
N.A.T.H
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I dont know tbh. Im predicted A*A*A so i presumed i should have a good chance with getting offers so hopefully i hear from them soon
Yeah hopefully! Amazing predicted grades btw!
anonymousKGE
Rep:
Yeah hopefully! Amazing predicted grades btw!
Thanks!! You too!
hmmm3
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
hi i got an offer from Southampton in October; as my other unis have higher entry requirements, it'll probably be my insurance but it's one of my favourites. im still waiting on 3/5 before i make a decision
Last edited by hmmm3; 5 months ago
anonymousKGE
Rep:
(Original post by hmmm3)
hi i got an offer from Southampton in October; as my other unis have higher entry requirements, it'll probably be my insurance but it's one of my favourites. im still waiting on 3/5 before i make a decision
Thats great! What other unis are you applying for?
Ive also applied for Nottingham, Bangor (offers) and York and Exeter (waiting)

I got my offer for LLB Law w Psychology on the 20th Jan!!
Last edited by anonymousKGE; 5 months ago
N.A.T.H
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by hmmm3)
Have you applied for Law with Psychology?
Uni of Southampton Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi there,
I have applied to Law with Psychology at Southampton but I went on the official southampton 2022 applicant thread and barely anyone there has applied for Law/Law with Psychology

It would be nice to get to know others who have applied to/gotten offers for either course and really want to go to Southampton!!
Hiya,

I’m a third year law student at the University of Southampton, so feel feel free to ask me any questions about law! Also, I know a few people on mt course do law and psychology so I may be able to help with a few questions or alternatively find these out for you!

All the best,

Teresa (University of Southampton Ambassador)
anonymousKGE
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Uni of Southampton Students)
Hiya,

I’m a third year law student at the University of Southampton, so feel feel free to ask me any questions about law! Also, I know a few people on mt course do law and psychology so I may be able to help with a few questions or alternatively find these out for you!

All the best,

Hey Teresa thanks so much! I wanted to find out more so about my specific course and the lectures/ seminars and stuff so are there any southampton law reps that do, do mycourse?
Uni of Southampton Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hey Teresa thanks so much! I wanted to find out more so about my specific course and the lectures/ seminars and stuff so are there any southampton law reps that do, do mycourse?
Hello,

Not as far as I’m aware but I’ll find out for you and get back to you!

I know that the law and psychology students have fewer law optional modules as there are psychology modules you have to sit. Also, I’m aware that the core subjects are spread out differently to the standard LLB (like for example one of my friends doing law and psychology did criminal law in second year as opposed to first year that students doing just law like me did). You’ll share the law core subjects (this includes public law, contract law, criminal law, EU law, equity and trusts, remedies in contract and tort, tort law, land law, legal skills and legal systems and reasoning) with students doing just law (this is because you need to sit these subjects for it to be a qualifying law degree). The lectures for law core modules are 2 hours every week and then 1 hour seminars / tutorials in first year first semester. The lectures remain the same in second semester, but then your tutorials / seminars changes to 2 hour tutorials / seminars every fortnight in second semester first year and for the rest of your degree. The core subjects are typically split over the first two years of your degree.

You can find more info about the course here - https://www.southampton.ac.uk/courses/law-with-psychology-degree-llb

Any questions do let me know!

Last edited by Uni of Southampton Students; 4 months ago
Aqamaestro
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by hmmm3)
Just got an offer for AAA 2 days ago for Law LLB
anonymousKGE
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Aqamaestro)
Just got an offer for AAA 2 days ago for Law LLB
congratulations!!! another law buddy!!
ccarys
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
congratulations!!! another law buddy!!
Hii I’m also putting Southampton as my firm! Are there any group chats where Southampton law offer holders can chat?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads