The Student Room Group

is it possible to get in all nutrients etc without any drastic changes to your diet

i have quite a few deficiencies but i'm really bad at remembering to take supplements and stuff. my energy levels are below 0, i feel like a living corpse. i'm so tired of it, even walking our dog drains me, it makes me feel like i''m ready to freaking collapse and die.

our dog is really strong too, it's difficult for me to control him. i want to have more energy/become physically stronger but idk how to do that, at least not without gaining weight/eating more (not an option). feels like a never ending cycle... i'm just wondering if there are any options that actually work e.g nutritional drinks? is it all a scam?
It’s most likely not possible but I guess you probably know that deep down anyway. Supplements aren’t a replacement for a reasonable diet.
I am guessing you may benefit from help with this.
https://www.beateatingdisorders.org.uk
Reply 2
Original post by Cancelled Alice
It’s most likely not possible but I guess you probably know that deep down anyway. Supplements aren’t a replacement for a reasonable diet.
I am guessing you may benefit from help with this.
https://www.beateatingdisorders.org.uk

but there's got to be a way, surely. i mean some people can't even physically eat and there are still ways to get in nutrients in them? oh, and i don't have an eating disorder, i just like being skinny
Original post by Ciel.
but there's got to be a way, surely. i mean some people can't even physically eat and there are still ways to get in nutrients in them?

Yes, it's called tube feeding. It's a last ditch medical alternative when nothing else works, not an easy alternative to eating normally and setting an alarm to remind you to take supplements.
Reply 4
If you're really bad at remembering to take supplements, it'd probably be more helpful to set alarms and timers to remind you to take them than to go hunting for a magical nutrient juice that will eliminate the need for food. Just my 2 pence and sorry if it seems blunt lol
Original post by Ciel.
but there's got to be a way, surely. i mean some people can't even physically eat and there are still ways to get in nutrients in them? oh, and i don't have an eating disorder, i just like being skinny

Nutrients includes things that contain lots of calories such as proteins and fats, an insufficient diet will always result in illness. People who can’t physically eat would probably need something along the lines of NG feeding.
Reply 6
Original post by skylark2
Yes, it's called tube feeding. It's a last ditch medical alternative when nothing else works, not an easy alternative to eating normally and setting an alarm to remind you to take supplements.

i do eat normally tho. and apparently that's not good enough
Original post by gingur
If you're really bad at remembering to take supplements, it'd probably be more helpful to set alarms and timers to remind you to take them than to go hunting for a magical nutrient juice that will eliminate the need for food. Just my 2 pence and sorry if it seems blunt lol

is it possible to get just 1 supplement instead of several different ones? e.g there are like multivitamins + iron one a day tablets but the doses are much lower than what i was recommended. can you just take like 5 of them instead? or is that not how it works?
Original post by Cancelled Alice
Nutrients includes things that contain lots of calories such as proteins and fats, an insufficient diet will always result in illness. People who can’t physically eat would probably need something along the lines of NG feeding.

but my diet is pretty healthy when you compare it to like an average person's diet. and why am i experiencing all this **** when other people, often way more underweight than me, seem to be doing perfectly fine? for example, there is this youtuber, eugenia cooney, she is really skinny and yet she has way more energy than me. how is this possible?

Quick Reply