Where to start history revision american west edexcel

Watch this thread
Sohello
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I havent done it since year 10, so where do I start? Do I make a mindmap, and if yes can somebody please give me the topics I should focus on and etc. and then if I were to answer exam style questions could somebody mark them
nsnsjss
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
hey there, what's your history topic? i also do edexcel but i do igcse and our current mocks are for american civil rights 1865-2009. if it's anything similar I could give you essay points or answer ang qns or something

otherwise in general for history I'd say take notes from each chapter especially statistical figures and dates since that's the evidence part you'll need for the essays. also making a timeline really helps put things in perspective! flashcards can help you memorize too, especially for events, riots, groups etc.
Sohello
Rep:
(Original post by nsnsjss)
hey there, what's your history topic? i also do edexcel but i do igcse and our current mocks are for american civil rights 1865-2009. if it's anything similar I could give you essay points or answer ang qns or something

otherwise in general for history I'd say take notes from each chapter especially statistical figures and dates since that's the evidence part you'll need for the essays. also making a timeline really helps put things in perspective! flashcards can help you memorize too, especially for events, riots, groups etc.
I havent been given a specific topic on it, we’ve just been told its on American West so thats why im a bit confused bc the topic itself is really big so idk where to start, but I think i’ll make a massive timeline on it bc I feel like that’ll really help thank you ! If you want should we share our essays we may write as revision and mark them for each other and give each other criticism?
nsnsjss
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Sohello)
I havent been given a specific topic on it, we’ve just been told its on American West so thats why im a bit confused bc the topic itself is really big so idk where to start, but I think i’ll make a massive timeline on it bc I feel like that’ll really help thank you ! If you want should we share our essays we may write as revision and mark them for each other and give each other criticism?
sure why not! my exam is next week so im pretty set with the material already so we can exchange essays if you want
Sohello
Rep:
sure why not! my exam is next week so im pretty set with the material already so we can exchange essays if you want
Omg good luck!! And alright yeh that sounds good! If you want we can do this for other mocks/real exams as well, you can pm me your essay or leave it here whatever you find more comfortable and easy
nsnsjss
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Omg good luck!! And alright yeh that sounds good! If you want we can do this for other mocks/real exams as well, you can pm me your essay or leave it here whatever you find more comfortable and easy
sure and you can do the same! what other subjects do you take? i do eng lang, eng lit and psychology
Sohello
Rep:
sure and you can do the same! what other subjects do you take? i do eng lang, eng lit and psychology
Thanks!! And omg I wish I could do psychology as well but my school doesn’t offer it I do eng lang & lit, higher maths, chem, bio, physics, french , and music
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Thread moved to 'history study help'. :yy:
nsnsjss
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Thanks!! And omg I wish I could do psychology as well but my school doesn’t offer it I do eng lang & lit, higher maths, chem, bio, physics, french , and music
are those all your a levels because that's a crazy amount of subjects? i already finished the french a2 so if you want any tips feel free to ask!
D05
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I havent done it since year 10, so where do I start? Do I make a mindmap, and if yes can somebody please give me the topics I should focus on and etc. and then if I were to answer exam style questions could somebody mark them
Hi there.

I did AW last year in school and have some resources to share that were found online.

Hope this helps.
Sohello
Rep:
are those all your a levels because that's a crazy amount of subjects? i already finished the french a2 so if you want any tips feel free to ask!
Omg youre so sweet thank you!! And no theyre my gcse ahahah, for A levels imma do chem , bio, history and politics
Sohello
Rep:
(Original post by D05)
Hi there.

I did AW last year in school and have some resources to share that were found online.

Hope this helps.
Omg thank you!! I will defos use them
D05
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Omg thank you!! I will defos use them
You're welcome.

Do you have an email address so I can send one final thing?

I don't want to send it via here.

Thanks
Sohello
Rep:
(Original post by D05)
You're welcome.

Do you have an email address so I can send one final thing?

I don't want to send it via here.

Thanks
Err what do you wanna send?
D05
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Err what do you wanna send?
It's something to do with American West.
Sohello
Rep:
(Original post by D05)
It's something to do with American West.
Cant you dm it?
D05
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Cant you dm it?
DM doesn't work for me.

How about this...

I upload it via here... and when you receive it and download it to your laptop... I'll delete the attachment?

Yeah>
Sohello
Rep:
(Original post by D05)
DM doesn't work for me.

How about this...

I upload it via here... and when you receive it and download it to your laptop... I'll delete the attachment?

Yeah>
Alright sounds good
D05
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Alright sounds good
It won't let me attach it as it's too big.
Sohello
Rep:
(Original post by D05)
It won't let me attach it as it's too big.
Omg what about Snapchat?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (17)
27.87%
As I expected (17)
27.87%
Harder (24)
39.34%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.92%

Watched Threads