The Student Room Group

What are your plans for New Year's Eve?

What are you planning on doing to ring in the New Year? :holmes:

A wee gathering?
Just you and the family?

Do you have any traditions that you always follow?

Post below with what you're up to this time! :smile:
Hopefully nye day time I'm seeing my good friend. Should be a great time and in the evening relaxing with a nice cuppa tea.
Reply 2
self isolating sadly!!!
Cleaning out stables at the horse sanctuary :yep:
Original post by mxo.
self isolating sadly!!!

Snap :five:
I’ll be sat in bed, it’ll change to 00:00, I’ll take a screenshot of my lock screen, think ‘****, another year gone’, watch the fireworks on the TV, receive and send the usual “happy new year mate” texts, go to sleep.
Original post by mxo.
self isolating sadly!!!

same. might do a zoom with family though
probably making silly puns on an obscure website

:redface:
Reply 8
Eating lunch with the family, try to figure out what my 'new year's resolutions' are, then get on with work/studying unfortunately :frown: (have 2 essays due on the 17th - 20th)
No family so spending it alone , same as xmas
Reply 10
Original post by mxo.
self isolating sadly!!!

Well then stop doing it?
We have never celebrated New Years and probably never will so I’ll be in my room with Netflix😂
Reply 12
Original post by brjf
Well then stop doing it?

i have covid ??? lol
Working from 10am to 6:30pm, that's pretty much it.
Reply 14
Original post by mxo.
i have covid ??? lol

If you’ve had visible symptoms for 5-7 days you shouldn’t be able to transmit the virus anymore. This is why there are calls to reduce the isolation period to 7 days. If it’s been that long just go about your normal day to day activities, that is of course if covid is not affecting you that much.
Working, sleeping, eating
Reply 16
Other half is isolating after getting the plague in work

So now I'm gonna head to the local and get ratted with the lads. it has been a shite year, drink to forget and all that
Chilling in the house with shacks and the tv

Blasting this, of course :smug: :woo: :headbang:

Tomorrow lunchtime we will have a traditional Sri Lankan meal for New Year, with my sisters here too :h:
Original post by CoolCavy
Cleaning out stables at the horse sanctuary :yep:

Update: 4 massive wheelbarrows later the trough is cleared of waste mash :smile:

20211231_150746.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest