Cant sleep at all, any tips?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Title basically…
LORD_LFC_5
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
I had chronic insomnia for like 6 months in 2020.
I had some counselling and zero medication.

Firstly I’d ask, how comes if you can’t sleep? If it’s too personal it’s cool, is your mind racing etc? What are you experiencing?

For me what worked:

Zero naps - or if reallt needed max 20 min nap once per day
Zero Caffeine past 4 -
Stopping work minimum 2 hours before rest
Exercise - can’t emphasis this enough - I do minimum 1 hour of exercise a day whether it’s football/gym/walk etc
Try to stay off devices 1 hour before bed
Big one for me was deep breaths which stopped my mind from racing - I use this to this day when I struggle to sleep
Also, if you can’t fall asleep within 15/20 mins get up do soemthing else change the environment go read a book or listen to a podcast in kitchen for example

Think of yourself as resting even if you’re laying in bed if you are worried about having a productive day - this was my main issue!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LORD_LFC_5)
I had chronic insomnia for like 6 months in 2020.
I had some counselling and zero medication.

Firstly I’d ask, how comes if you can’t sleep? If it’s too personal it’s cool, is your mind racing etc? What are you experiencing?

For me what worked:

Zero naps - or if reallt needed max 20 min nap once per day
Zero Caffeine past 4 -
Stopping work minimum 2 hours before rest
Exercise - can’t emphasis this enough - I do minimum 1 hour of exercise a day whether it’s football/gym/walk etc
Try to stay off devices 1 hour before bed
Big one for me was deep breaths which stopped my mind from racing - I use this to this day when I struggle to sleep
Also, if you can’t fall asleep within 15/20 mins get up do soemthing else change the environment go read a book or listen to a podcast in kitchen for example

Think of yourself as resting even if you’re laying in bed if you are worried about having a productive day - this was my main issue!
Honestly its only today and im tryna listen to a podcast but not working. Guess i need to keep busy during the day. Thank you so much )
elixirhtc
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
In your life you will face many situations of good and bad you have to be strong ..
rommroma557
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Get up at a consistent time, even on weekends. I always get up at 7:00-7:30 and go to sleep 10 pm. Eat breakfast when you get up. Breaking the fast at the same time every day helps regulate your sleep schedule. Purchase a daylight lamp and shine it on your face for half an hour immediately on waking up. I also use medicatiom from online pharmacy. Get some exercise every day. Physically exhausted bodies like to sleep and turn off all screens an hour before bed.
Last edited by rommroma557; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%