Will I have loose skin after losing 30 lbs?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I’m 21, 5 ft 7 and weigh 160lbs. In 2016 I weighed 120lbs. I gained 30 lbs in one year and then since 2017 I have repeatedly gained, lost and re-gained 10lbs. I want to properly lose 30lbs (I was 16 when I was 120lbs so I don’t feel like I’ll ever get there again but I’m happy with 130lbs). How likely am I to have loose skin afterwards? Will I have a lot?

On a similar note, how much are my breasts likely to sag? I was a 32D when I was 120lbs, went up to a 34DD at about 140lbs and have been a 36DD since about 150lbs. They’ve dropped a little since gaining the weight but they’re not horrendous. How much are they likely to sag after losing 30lbs and (presumably) going down to a 34D?
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
30lbs really isn't that much to lose. No you won't have loose skin.
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
You plan to lose less than quarter of your bodyweight? You won't have any loose skin at all. The people you see with flaps of loose skin tend to have lost well over half their bodyweight.
fluous
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
It depends how fast you're losing weight and how much. Rapid and large weight loss is more likely to lead to loose skin but more gradual is less likely.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
30lbs really isn't that much to lose. No you won't have loose skin.
I have saggy boobs and quite loose skin on my thighs and a little on my belly after losing around 35lbs so it's a very real possibility. I do have quite fragile skin though and get broken blood vessels just from rolling my sleeves up sometimes My starting BMI was also not that high (22.7), so perhaps that is another contributing issue.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have saggy boobs and quite loose skin on my thighs and a little on my belly after losing around 35lbs so it's a very real possibility. I do have quite fragile skin though and get broken blood vessels just from rolling my sleeves up sometimes My starting BMI was also not that high (22.7), so perhaps that is another contributing issue.
I've gone from 210lbs to 175lbs with no loose skin.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
I've gone from 210lbs to 175lbs with no loose skin.
You are male though. I'm female with screwed up hormones and very fragile skin.
brjf
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Not at all
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
If you don’t mind me asking, how many bra sizes did you go down and how saggy are your boobs? Like a little bit or really saggy? And how fast did you lose the weight, and did you do any strength training while losing the weight? Sorry for all the questions.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
If you don’t mind me asking, how many bra sizes did you go down and how saggy are your boobs? Like a little bit or really saggy? And how fast did you lose the weight, and did you do any strength training while losing the weight? Sorry for all the questions.
I went from a 34C to a 32C. I would say just mildly saggy but it's definitely noticeable - if you google "breast pseudoptosis", that is what my breast look like. I lost the weight over around 9 months, but the last 12lb were lost over around 2-3 months (and I subsequently regained and lost a similar amount around 2 years later). I did things like press-ups and sit-ups and also used resistance machines during the initial , but not proper weight training. No probs, happy to answer questions.
jjessj18
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Honestly, I'm not sure if something like this can happen or not. My friend lost a little weight and she began to worry about the same problem. But she found a fitness 19 phone number and started going to the gym and pulling up her body. It really helped when you do the right exercises. And she went for a massage too so her body became perfect after few month. So if you want to change yourself, do not be afraid because there are always ways
Last edited by jjessj18; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (72)
18.85%
The paper was reasonable (145)
37.96%
Not feeling great about that exam... (110)
28.8%
It was TERRIBLE (55)
14.4%

Watched Threads