The Student Room Group

Applying to UCAS

Can my UCAS application have my GCSE and A level predicted grades? I have my AS level ones too. Do I need to put AS levels too?
Reply 1
Your UCAS application has to have all the GCSE grades you completed. As for your AS levels, AS levels have stopped having any formal exams for a period of years now so you generally don’t seem to need to put that on UCAS, however, when your school files your predicted grades to your universities in the reference they may use your AS levels at the end of year 12 as your predicted grades.
More information can be found below:
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/filling-your-ucas-undergraduate-application

Good luck in applying!
Original post by AJ1515
AS levels have stopped having any formal exams for a period of years now

Incorrect.
AS may be gone in England - but not in Wales or NI.
Original post by ∞edge
Can my UCAS application have my GCSE and A level predicted grades? I have my AS level ones too. Do I need to put AS levels too?

You must declare all qualifications you have attempted (regardless of whether you achieved them or not) need to be declared on your UCAS application. So GCSEs, A-levels, if you took them AS levels, etc, need to be listed. Failure to do so may lead to your application being declared fraudulent and cancelled by UCAS with any unis that have made you offers being free to nullify those.

Original post by AJ1515
Your UCAS application has to have all the GCSE grades you completed. As for your AS levels, AS levels have stopped having any formal exams for a period of years now so you generally don’t seem to need to put that on UCAS, however, when your school files your predicted grades to your universities in the reference they may use your AS levels at the end of year 12 as your predicted grades.
More information can be found below:
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/filling-your-ucas-undergraduate-application

Good luck in applying!

AS levels still exist even in England, but they are standalone qualifications here. In Wales, Northern Ireland, and for international A-levels, A-levels are still modular with AS exams taken that count towards the final A-level grade. Thus these would need to be declared if the OP had taken them.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Incorrect.
AS may be gone in England - but not in Wales or NI.

Sorry I meant in England-I live here so I don’t know the rules in other parts of the UK.

Quick Reply