Nursing Associate and Access Course

Watch
Maria.Sierra
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello all,

I am a healthcare assistant finishing my access course to nursing. I was asked by my matron to get onto the nursing apprenticeship programme which I am excited about, the only problem is that the proposal put forwards by the hospital to the board, might not be accepted this year.

This leaves me with the nursing associate route. I'm not very familiar with this route as I've never considered it. I've read there used to be a waiting period from qualifying as a NA to be able to apply to become a student nurse, but my colleagues think you can now do a top up straight after completing the NA course.

Does anyone know if this is accurate and also if I have a level 3 (access course to nursing), does that give me any advantage on the course at all or was it a waste of time?

Many thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%