The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

durham colleges help

im thinking of applying to either chads, st curthberts or trevs pls help me decide what are the pros and cons of each?
Original post by eve01234
im thinking of applying to either chads, st curthberts or trevs pls help me decide what are the pros and cons of each?

Chad’s is the smallest college and supposedly the friendliest. It has 2 bars which are really good and a pretty courtyard. Highest research staff to student ratio which is good for support and chatting about studies in general. On the Bailey so a few mins walk from Durham city centre. Most 1st years share rooms so if you’re interested in that, the college will give you a questionnaire to match up with a roommate.

Cuths is mostly self-catered I believed. A good mix of people from comprehensive and private schools. Nice bar which has the feel of an old English pub. Good opportunities for sports.

Trevs is known as the hexagon college due to its unique architecture. Trevs community spirit is very high and people are generally lovely. It’s strong point is music. It’s a hill college so a bit of a walk from town but close to science buildings and business school. Many people get reallocated to Trevs as it’s often not their first choice but everyone gets around to loving their college anyway.

Hope this helps.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply