i dont know what uni to chooooose, please help me

Watch this thread
EishaSohail
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I'm a second year student in A level studying Biology, chemistry and English lit, I've been offered by two universities that I didn't think would accept and now I'm super unsure what to do. I have applied for biomedical sciences and the universities are the university of Birmingham and Queen Mary university of London. I kinda wanna do postgraduate medicine afterwards at the uni I do my biomed degree at so could someone please give me some advise.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by EishaSohail)
I'm a second year student in A level studying Biology, chemistry and English lit, I've been offered by two universities that I didn't think would accept and now I'm super unsure what to do. I have applied for biomedical sciences and the universities are the university of Birmingham and Queen Mary university of London. I kinda wanna do postgraduate medicine afterwards at the uni I do my biomed degree at so could someone please give me some advise.
Take a gap year. Never ever do a degree with the sole aim for graduate entry medicine. It will take longer, cost more and (most importantly) will be much much more competitive.
planktion34
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
if you want to apply for med
youre better off reapplying to universities that accept resits and resitting the subject with the low grade
or if you have the grades reapply again
Uni of Southampton Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi EishaSohail

Congratulations on your offers!

Choosing between universities can be hard. Think about what is most important to you e.g. close to home, nightlife, which course you prefer more. It is important you enjoy your time at university and make the best decision for you.

If you do want to do a post graduate medicine at the same univeristy as your undergraduate experience, look into what both universities offer. I am aware medicine courses vary between universities (such as entry examinations and how the course is structured with placements). Keep an open mind too, whilst you want to do medicine now, you may end up changing your mind whilst you are at university so don't choose a uni solely on their postgraduate courses on offer.

If medicine is what you ultimately want to study, have you considered taking a gap year and applying for direct entry medicine? You may get the grades required on results day for medicine and then opt to just do one degree rather than two. Personally, if you are not 100% on doing a medicine course, then I would do you biomedical science degree as medicine is a vocation.

Which uni are you leaning towards?

Lauren
(Student Ambassador)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.5%
The paper was reasonable (68)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
16.37%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.36%

Watched Threads