The Student Room Group

American student tries to make tea for the first time

[video="youtube;joxRAuUsBoU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joxRAuUsBoU[/video]
Did he make tea for the entire duration of that video? how did it take him 16 minutes?
Reply 2
Original post by summerbirdreads
Did he make tea for the entire duration of that video? how did it take him 16 minutes?

you can't be bothered to watch it?
Original post by NJA
you can't be bothered to watch it?

TBH I don't want to spend 16 minutes watching someone make tea :colondollar:
TBH I don't want to spend 16 minutes watching someone make tea :colondollar:

From a quick flick through it seems minutes 6-10 are the tea-making and drinking ones :smile:
Uh, ok.
Original post by flaurie
From a quick flick through it seems minutes 6-10 are the tea-making and drinking ones :smile:

Great! it's his first time lol...
I love how it took him about a minute to find a mug whereas I’ve got an entire subsection of a cupboard devoted to the very things.

Also, the milk container looks very odd.

Edit: I’m craving tea now.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I love how it took him about a minute to find a mug whereas I’ve got an entire subsection of a cupboard decorated to the very things.

His pan also needs a good wash with a sponge full of fairy liquid.
Americans don't have kettles?
Original post by hungrysalamander

I was concerned about that..
His pan also needs a good wash with a sponge full of fairy liquid.

lol that actually made me laugh out loud 😂😂

Its not common place in many American homes, they either boil a pan or microwave a cup of water. You can buy kettles over here but they take a long time to boil and are more expensive to run plus most people drink coffee so use the coffee machine instead since some have boiling water features.

Not the electric kettles with plugs that exist in the uk.
You have to have lived in the usa or with an american who has spent most of their adult life in the usa to appreciate some of these differences. :biggrin:
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I love how it took him about a minute to find a mug whereas I’ve got an entire subsection of a cupboard decorated to the very things.

Edit: I’m craving tea now.

It is a strange milk container, all the ones I've purchased looks the same as in the UK but he also only wanted a quart and not a whole gallon and whenever I've bought one in Walmart its either half gallon 64fl oz or full gallon 128fl oz I've only once seen a quart one and that was in a similar container to what he got. My parents also have a cupboard filled with mugs back home in UK.
Lawls who raised him he’s so cute.
Spends 2 whole minutes explaining what kind of milk he is using.
Why have I unjust wasted 4 hours watching his videos 😂 its both interesting and painful to watch sometimes but as a brit in the US it is funny the small differences between cultures!

Quick Reply

Latest