The Student Room Group

Allen and Overy solicitor apprenticeship 2022

Who's applied? Making a support group.
Has anyone heard back yet?? I know it's early but I'm literally loosing my mind lol.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Enyonamldn
Who's applied? Making a support group.
Has anyone heard back yet?? I know it's early but I'm literally loosing my mind lol.

Hi! I haven't applied but just wanted to wish you good luck with your application :smile: hopefully you will hear back soon!
Reply 2
I applied but I feel like I messed up the video interview :frown:. How did people do on the online assessment? x
Reply 3
Original post by bliss_an
I applied but I feel like I messed up the video interview :frown:. How did people do on the online assessment? x

That video interview was awkward for me too lmao. I feel like I come across much more confident in real life. But I do a level maths so the online assessment was right up my alley. Honestly, if I don't get an interview I'm taking it as fate, because I really did do my best and apart from the video I don't know what I would've done differently.
Sigh
Fingers crossed
Reply 4
Original post by brainzistheword
Hi! I haven't applied but just wanted to wish you good luck with your application :smile: hopefully you will hear back soon!

Hopefully sigh. You too!!
I wonder if they are looking at the applications in batches, because if so, it would be beneficial for you to get your application in asappp
Reply 5
That video interview was awkward for me too lmao. I feel like I come across much more confident in real life. But I do a level maths so the online assessment was right up my alley. Honestly, if I don't get an interview I'm taking it as fate, because I really did do my best and apart from the video I don't know what I would've done differently.
Sigh
Fingers crossed

I'm sure you did better than you think! The last time I did a video interview for a law firm I thought it went so badly but they invited me to an assessment day madly enough. And yes, the maths section saved me too (I do chemistry). My verbal applied intellect seemed to have brought me down but other than that my pillars were alright. I hope we both move onto the next section! Please do tell us about it if you do I'd be excited to hear about it!
Reply 6
doing assessment tomorrow. When u applied did it ask you for your cv/cover letter or did u just complete the form? It didn't ask for my forms before i submitted
Reply 7
Original post by flissomer1
doing assessment tomorrow. When u applied did it ask you for your cv/cover letter or did u just complete the form? It didn't ask for my forms before i submitted

Nah didn't ask me for anything I didn't upload a cv. Good luck on the assessment let us know how it goes!
Reply 8
Original post by flissomer1

No, it didn't, the form had all the info they needed, but I signed up using LinkedIn so not sure if that makes a difference. Don't stress out about the assessment, it's just logic. Good luck!
Reply 9
No, it didn't, the form had all the info they needed, but I signed up using LinkedIn so not sure if that makes a difference. Don't stress out about the assessment, it's just logic. Good luck!

Ok thank you!
my maths section was rlly good and overall report im happy with. Video could have been more concise but oh well haha
Original post by fr753563
my maths section was rlly good and overall report im happy with. Video could have been more concise but oh well haha

like you guys i take maths so that helped haha :smile:
What were your (and other peoples) pillars like? I really hope theyre not expecting 100% on everything!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 13

AWWWW well done!!! I told you you'd be fine!!
Now we wait:boring:
just got an email saying im through to the next stage!

congrats!!

Well done - and good luck for the next stage :smile:
what a-levels do you guys take? :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Well done - and good luck for the next stage :smile:

what a-levels do you guys take? :smile:

Law Chem and History hby?
Original post by bliss_an
Law Chem and History hby?

maths economics english EPQ , your combo is so good, what is law as an alevel like?

Quick Reply

Latest