Allen and Overy solicitor apprenticeship 2022

Watch
bliss_an
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Enyonamldn)
yeah i figured lol. I'm going to be so stressed if the interview is in February, that's when my mocks are. but more than likely they will be. Just noticed that the website doesn't even say how many apprentices they are hiring... Imagine if its 100s of people competing for 2 spots. I've got a sinking feeling there are lots and lots of applicants and that's why it's taking them this long.
I saw an article announcing it a while a go that said they're looking for 6 apprentices .But yes I can imagine they'd have at least 700 applicants so I have no idea how this is gonna go.
kadd04
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
yeah i figured lol. I'm going to be so stressed if the interview is in February, that's when my mocks are. but more than likely they will be. Just noticed that the website doesn't even say how many apprentices they are hiring... Imagine if its 100s of people competing for 2 spots. I've got a sinking feeling there are lots and lots of applicants and that's why it's taking them this long.
hey this article from june said it was only 6 apprentices https://www.allenovery.com/en-gb/glo...apprenticeship but on the actual application page it doesn't say so maybe they increased/decreased the number..idk
fr753563
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by bliss_an)
I saw an article announcing it a while a go that said they're looking for 6 apprentices .But yes I can imagine they'd have at least 700 applicants so I have no idea how this is gonna go.
wow
Enyonamldn
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I don't think we'll be in active competition with 700 people. 700 is a lot, especially since this is A&Os first year. You have to account for the people who did badly in the assessment/didn't have the grades without extenuating circumstances. Also a lot of people write applications without any real intention of putting energy into their application and get rejected immediately. And how many people could they invite to an interview anyways, not that much. Max like 100. So should we get to interview, I think the chances of us getting in will increase dramatically.
bliss_an
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I don't think we'll be in active competition with 700 people. 700 is a lot, especially since this is A&Os first year. You have to account for the people who did badly in the assessment/didn't have the grades without extenuating circumstances. Also a lot of people write applications without any real intention of putting energy into their application and get rejected immediately. And how many people could they invite to an interview anyways, not that much. Max like 100. So should we get to interview, I think the chances of us getting in will increase dramatically.
700 applicants like in general I mean ofc not that many will get through to final stages especially bc they're recruiting on a rolling basis. The last apprenticeship I applied for they had like 600 applicants and by the assessment day there was only 8 people in mine (They did more than 1 assessment day) but because A&O is a much bigger firm i'm sure they will have more applicants. I think most people get cut out at the video interview stage (like the one we already did as part of the assessment) tbh those things are so stressful lmao. I hope all goes well though deffo let us know if/when you hear anything back because I think a lot of firms just leave people in the dark all the way until offers are handed out
fr753563
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
700 applicants like in general I mean ofc not that many will get through to final stages especially bc they're recruiting on a rolling basis. The last apprenticeship I applied for they had like 600 applicants and by the assessment day there was only 8 people in mine (They did more than 1 assessment day) but because A&O is a much bigger firm i'm sure they will have more applicants. I think most people get cut out at the video interview stage (like the one we already did as part of the assessment) tbh those things are so stressful lmao. I hope all goes well though deffo let us know if/when you hear anything back because I think a lot of firms just leave people in the dark all the way until offers are handed out
if you look at the timeline though there are a lot more stages, one of them is the next interview, do you think there will be a group call stage? i've done those before in recruitment processes.
Enyonamldn
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by fr753563)
if you look at the timeline though there are a lot more stages, one of them is the next interview, do you think there will be a group call stage? i've done those before in recruitment processes.
The timeline says it's just interviews then offers. They're rejecting most people now
fr753563
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
The timeline says it's just interviews then offers. They're rejecting most people now
oh wow ok
jador66
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi everyone

I, too have got past the immersive assessment - like someone said above, my video question also left much to be desired but hey ho. From what I’ve seen, A&O is looking to recruit 6 apprentices and the application process goes as follows:

1. Immersive Assessment
2. Insight Day
3. Two interviews
4. Offer

Hope we hear back soon fingers crossed!
jador66
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
No news for anyone?!
bliss_an
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by jador66)
No news for anyone?!
not yet haha
jador66
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
I don’t think they’re recruiting on a rolling basis especially when it’s the first year they’re doing it and on the website it says make sure to try and submit your application at least 48 hours before the deadline so you can do your assessment; I think they’re trying to see everyone’s applications and then invite people onwards from that point so Mid Feb.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads