The Student Room Group

Allen and Overy solicitor apprenticeship 2022

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by nwake
Well done to both of you that's amazing best of luck in the insight day!

I'm in y12 currently but looking to apply to this next year. Would you be able to share your predicted grades and anything in particular that you spoke about in your application that made you so successful this far? :smile: thanks

Hey! Thank you so much! My predicted grades are 3 A*s but please don’t let that scare you or put you off as you need much less than that to apply. The application process wasn’t too difficult as they didn’t ask too many questions apart from the usual sort of questions you’d expect to be asked (E.g. biggest challenge, give an example where xxxx which all firms usually ask). You do a test for it which wasn’t too bad and don’t panic about the results! It’s based on four different values that the company sees as important and I scored highly in two of them but not the best in the other two. It’s more than doable though! Good luck :smile:
Reply 141
Original post by ellwag
Hey! I have :smile:

Are you doing anything to prep? I’m so nervous :smile:
Reply 142
Has anyone got through to the assessment center and attending the insight day?
Reply 143
Original post by LawAb
Are you doing anything to prep? I’m so nervous :smile:

I don’t think so as it said no prep is required. I’m going to prepare for the assessment centre/interview after the insight day though. It’ll be so nice meeting everyone!
Reply 144
Original post by ellwag
I don’t think so as it said no prep is required. I’m going to prepare for the assessment centre/interview after the insight day though. It’ll be so nice meeting everyone!

Yes that’s exactly what I’m doing. I wanted to try and get to know people before I go so that it’s not so scary!
Original post by nwake
Well done to both of you that's amazing best of luck in the insight day!

I'm in y12 currently but looking to apply to this next year. Would you be able to share your predicted grades and anything in particular that you spoke about in your application that made you so successful this far? :smile: thanks

hi!! my predicted grades are a*aa, so don't think you need 3 a*s haha! i think just talk about something unique when they ask you about a challenge - i would be more than happy to send you my application!! when doing the test make sure you really think about your answer before you put it in, it's so easy to put in the wrong one. make sure you look into other firms too eg. ashurst/dentons etc. for my pillars i scored highly in three and low in one. hope that helps and good luck :smile: xx
Original post by emishibrown
hi!! my predicted grades are a*aa, so don't think you need 3 a*s haha! i think just talk about something unique when they ask you about a challenge - i would be more than happy to send you my application!! when doing the test make sure you really think about your answer before you put it in, it's so easy to put in the wrong one. make sure you look into other firms too eg. ashurst/dentons etc. for my pillars i scored highly in three and low in one. hope that helps and good luck :smile: xx

Thank you so much that would be so helpful! I'm trying to get all the legal super curriculars and advice I can this year so I can have a competitive application for uni and apprenticeships next year. I wish I was doing it this year everyone seems so lovely :smile: what a-levels are you all doing?
Reply 147
Original post by nwake
Thank you so much that would be so helpful! I'm trying to get all the legal super curriculars and advice I can this year so I can have a competitive application for uni and apprenticeships next year. I wish I was doing it this year everyone seems so lovely :smile: what a-levels are you all doing?

I am doing Politics, Law and Psychology and enjoying Law has definitely helped be convicing with my applications as I can show i have motivation to do it. In terms of Super curriculars, definitely get as much work experience as you can, they help with finding which area of law is interesting to you and there's a lot of good online ones such as Kennedys.
Original post by nwake

i do classics, maths and economics :smile: yes ofc pm me when you need it x
Reply 149
i do classics, maths and economics :smile: yes ofc pm me when you need it x

I have seen your pm by the way it just won't let me respond at the moment, I 'm not ignoring you! :smile:
Are they only available to year 12 students? I’m taking a gap year and want to apply during my gap year but I would have done my A-levels by then. Can I still apply? X
Original post by Scrap04
Are they only available to year 12 students? I’m taking a gap year and want to apply during my gap year but I would have done my A-levels by then. Can I still apply? X

hey!
they r open to anyone who hasn't completed their law llb degree (or any other degree ?). so basically yes u can apply in ur gap year or u can apply in 5 years if you haven't done ur llb then lol. I'm actually planning to apply in my gap yr aswell :smile:

Hi! I just wanted to ask more about the online assessment? What are the questions kind of about etc? The gist of it and all. I'm a bit nervous about applying to law degree apprenticeships because of the online assessment portion aswell.
Did anyone in this thread end up receiving a degree apprenticeship from them?
Original post by Enyonamldn
Omgg you guys all do essay subjects and here’s me taking bio, chem and maths like an idiot😩 I went through a medical doctor phase when I was 16, and the subjects just stuck sigh

Where did you end up (if you don't mind me asking) because I am 15 and picking BCM, and maybe English Lit as a 4th? Thank you!!
Original post by Enyonamldn
Who's applied? Making a support group.
Has anyone heard back yet?? I know it's early but I'm literally loosing my mind lol.

Hi I came across this thread I have been invited to take the assessment can you give me any tips?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending