interrailing tips?

Watch this thread
IzobelloJam
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
hey me and 2 other friends are going interrailing this summer.
any tips?

I've heard that it's cheaper to get an Air bnb than a hostel in some cities, any thoughts on this?

Would love to hear your thoughts on everything and anything like your favourite cities, pretty train rides, what route you took (we want to start in Central Europe Croatia kind of area and finish in Paris), budgeting tips etc.
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
look online
username5842617
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Check carefully what trains you can travel on. Interrail passes do not cover some high speed trains. I was on a train out of Brussels where someone got found out, the ticket collector was considerate and did not charge, but they had to leave short of where they planned to go to.

As for where to stay, choose hostels please. Air BnB prices local people out of the housing market.
Last edited by username5842617; 3 months ago
normaw
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Why start two threads for the same subject?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...9#post96544089
IzobelloJam
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Student Room is glitchy on my laptop and sometimes my threads don’t go through. Please be less passive aggressive about it next time 😌
Last edited by IzobelloJam; 3 months ago
normaw
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by IzobelloJam)
Student Room is glitchy on my laptop and sometimes my threads don’t go through. Please be less passive aggressive about it next time 😌
It wasn't at all - you've just interpreted it that way.
IzobelloJam
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by normaw)
It wasn't at all - you've just interpreted it that way.
Ah i apologise 🙂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads