The Student Room Group

Can I apply for the same uni next year even though I have an offer from them?

I have applied for uni this year and am wondering if I can still take a gap year even though I have received an offer for the competitive course?
Thank you :smile:
Contact them, and request to deffer a year

Worst that can happen is they say no, and you will just have to either go this year, or reapply next year
Original post by Jonathanツ
Contact them, and request to deffer a year

Worst that can happen is they say no, and you will just have to either go this year, or reapply next year

I know I can not defer as the course description said so :frown:
Original post by sunsetlover321

Oh, then you will just have to reapply next year then
Original post by sunsetlover321

That's a shame.

Yes you can reapply next year to the same uni, they won't hold it against you though equally there is no guarantee that you would get an offer next year
If the course description says you absolutely can't defer for a year, you should check carefully whether they have the same attitude to gap years.

That would be unusual - do be sure that you're not misinterpreting a comment that you can't automatically defer for a year.
Original post by skylark2
If the course description says you absolutely can't defer for a year, you should check carefully whether they have the same attitude to gap years.

That would be unusual - do be sure that you're not misinterpreting a comment that you can't automatically defer for a year.

No they spoke to me at the interview and said that I can not defer for a year because of the course I am doing :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending