The Student Room Group

work placement

Do have to do college work placement because i don't want to. i want to get part time job instead of tht.
Original post by ZALAB
Do have to do college work placement because i don't want to. i want to get part time job instead of tht.

If the placements are related to your other thread on health & social care then you must do placements as part of the coursework as otherwise you'll never pass it and then if you are hoping to go onto university for nursing you won't get in without this necessary placements as part of the health & social care course.....
Reply 2
Original post by Tracey_W
If the placements are related to your other thread on health & social care then you must do placements as part of the coursework as otherwise you'll never pass it and then if you are hoping to go onto university for nursing you won't get in without this necessary placements as part of the health & social care course.....

Thank you, this is a silly question but do they pay.
Original post by ZALAB
Thank you, this is a silly question but do they pay.

You welcome.

I don't know about college side asi think you don't get paid.

If you get into University after finishing the college course then you'll only get your NHS bursary & can apply for student loans ( bursary non repayable but your loans must be repaid back )..

Best to find a part-time job that you can do while at college and then see how your placements are worked out while doing those to see if you can perhaps continue doing the part-time job.

You can still do part-time job while at university but must work it into your scheduling of the coursework.
Reply 4
Original post by Tracey_W
You welcome.

I don't know about college side asi think you don't get paid.

If you get into University after finishing the college course then you'll only get your NHS bursary & can apply for student loans ( bursary non repayable but your loans must be repaid back )..

Best to find a part-time job that you can do while at college and then see how your placements are worked out while doing those to see if you can perhaps continue doing the part-time job.

You can still do part-time job while at university but must work it into your scheduling of the coursework.

omg..thank you so much. I applied for level 3 health and social care and i am in year 11 so don't really know much about it. Thank you
Reply 5
Original post by ZALAB
omg..thank you so much. I applied for level 3 health and social care and i am in year 11 so don't really know much about it. Thank you

will the work placement be about different careers or just one
Original post by ZALAB

Level 3 is the one that will give you a opportunity at university on completion of the whole coursework. Aim for the necessary university entry requirements with your grades .
Original post by ZALAB
will the work placement be about different careers or just one

You might do few different placements at college course but university it could be upto 21 weeks a year spread over the academic term with the same amount of weeks at university for theory/practicals & lectures.
You'll do probably 3 different placements a year.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending