The Student Room Group

Music GCSEs

I am going to be picking my GCSEs soon and I already know what I plan on picking but I wanted to know a bit about Music GCSEs. I play piano and flute, so would I be able to use both for my performances?
I also play flute and piano and I'm in my first year of GCSEs :smile: I'm using my main instrument (flute) for performances, but it might depend on which exam board. I do Edexcel, which are you doing?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by hxnnxh_13.11.06
I also play flute and piano and I'm in my first year of GCSEs :smile: I'm using my main instrument (flute) for performances, but it might depend on which exam board. I do Edexcel, which are you doing?

I would also be doing Edexcel.
Original post by DistiffAble
I would also be doing Edexcel.

You do two performances, (one solo and one ensemble), so you could use piano for one and flute for another, but you couldn’t use both instruments in the same performance :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by flaurie
You do two performances, (one solo and one ensemble), so you could use piano for one and flute for another, but you couldn’t use both instruments in the same performance :smile:

ok thank you. I was worried I would have to pick between them.
Reply 5
Original post by DistiffAble
I am going to be picking my GCSEs soon and I already know what I plan on picking but I wanted to know a bit about Music GCSEs. I play piano and flute, so would I be able to use both for my performances?

I don't think so :frown:

I am doing WJEC/Eduqas. However, you can do Piano and Singing together. The singing will give you extra credit. That's about it with two instruments.

Quick Reply

Latest