The Student Room Group

Revising for AS politics

Im in year 13 and decided at the beginning of the year to swap biology to politics, so i am currently studying 2 A levels alongside AS politics. Unlike my 2 A level subjects, Ive no idea where to start revising for politics as, due to unforeseen circumstances, our lessons got rescheduled for a month or so and I was one of the people who unfortunately were unable to attend them, so ive quite a few gaps in my knowledge.
My mock i am revising for is on FPTP (which i am okay with) and political parties as a whole topic. I missed quite a lot of political parties and so im unsure how to go about revising this as i feel ive not even learned the content to begin with.
any advice?
Original post by Squiggles1238
Im in year 13 and decided at the beginning of the year to swap biology to politics, so i am currently studying 2 A levels alongside AS politics. Unlike my 2 A level subjects, Ive no idea where to start revising for politics as, due to unforeseen circumstances, our lessons got rescheduled for a month or so and I was one of the people who unfortunately were unable to attend them, so ive quite a few gaps in my knowledge.
My mock i am revising for is on FPTP (which i am okay with) and political parties as a whole topic. I missed quite a lot of political parties and so im unsure how to go about revising this as i feel ive not even learned the content to begin with.
any advice?

I do Alevel politics it’s really frustrating sometimes but I’m predicted an A. I’d say try planning as many essays as possible using 6 examples per 30 marker (assuming you do edexcel) this is what I do but also try that guy on YouTube Alan History Nerd to go over any content, the textbook is good but maybe try the revision guide too if you feel overwhelmed. Hope this helps.
thank you for your response. What I find hard is there arent really any past paper questions (yes, I am also with edexcel), and this has always been my go to way of revising. My mock is 2x 10 markers, and whilst my teacher has provided us with many practice questions, there arent any mark schemes, as the questions are not derived from a question paper.
I will try the YouTube account, thank you!
Original post by Squiggles1238
thank you for your response. What I find hard is there arent really any past paper questions (yes, I am also with edexcel), and this has always been my go to way of revising. My mock is 2x 10 markers, and whilst my teacher has provided us with many practice questions, there arent any mark schemes, as the questions are not derived from a question paper.
I will try the YouTube account, thank you!

Did you mean 2x 30 markers, they’re no edexcel 10 markers. I think you should be able to find at least up to the 2019 paper online but it’s frustrating because I’m sure my teacher has the 2020 one but doesn’t want to give it to us.

As long as the questions cover topics from the specification then they’re an accurate representation of what could come up in the real thing although it would be helpful to have some examiner reports etc, I haven’t managed to find any.
Original post by TheFlash2024
Did you mean 2x 30 markers, they’re no edexcel 10 markers. I think you should be able to find at least up to the 2019 paper online but it’s frustrating because I’m sure my teacher has the 2020 one but doesn’t want to give it to us.

As long as the questions cover topics from the specification then they’re an accurate representation of what could come up in the real thing although it would be helpful to have some examiner reports etc, I haven’t managed to find any.

Im currently studying AS politics with Edexcel, so there are 10 markers in the AS papers
theres only 2 papers that are on the Edexcel website that we have access too, and only a small chunk of them is relevant for me at the moment, which really narrows it down
@TheFlash2024 they are 10 mark questions surrounding A01 knowledge, just to clarify, as there are other 10 mark questions too
how was the as exam? just wondering what’s Qs came up since i have my exam on wednesday
Original post by maxstirnersgf
how was the as exam? just wondering what’s Qs came up since i have my exam on wednesday

Not sure if we are allowed to say what the questions are or not? Bit confused on all that
But it wasnt too bad i dont think. Although my teacher thought the 10 mark describe questions were sneaky as they werent directly listed on the advanced info, and they were so precise and narrow, you really really had to know what you were talking about to get good marks
oh okay, that’s good to know anyway. good luck in the rest of your exams :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending